***Lamar vs Louisiana Tech....La Tech wins 27-14***

coachacola

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NorthoftheBorder

I just went on the La Tech forum and they think their team and head coach sucks! One guy said their basketball was Major College, football FCS. Also saw where Richmond beat NC State 21-20. Isn't Richmond FCS?

I agree with Mike. This was no doubt winnable and a missed opportunity! Want to see how we respond and what the coacning staff do to make improvement!! We have a extremely tough game next week and then two OPSU type games before SHSU. I would like to see 3-2 and big improvement going into the Sam game.

All you can ask for is to compete and be in a position to win the ball game and Lamar was. This shows that we are growing as a program and we need to keep building. Yes, we did have a damn good chance to win that game but hell, they paid a lot of money for us to go there and give them a game and we did. The SLC is a major FCS conference that's gonna have great teams. Great game Cards, keep working.

Cplatt

Guest Cardinalrule
Sickening to lose this. I really thought we'd win. But, the ghosts of last year are still here. Lame play calling (154 yards passing?!!), turnovers, and no clue what to do agAinst a blitz!!

Agreed, by no means should we be happy with just being ion the game but we fought hard on the road. Make some adjustments and lets go get next weeks dick kicking out of the wa and laugh all the way to the bank and prepare for SLC. As of now, I do not see us finishing 7th in the SLC. Competing for the top 5. Also I like Berry running the show. Still need to sure up the O-Line.

Cplatt

Guest Cardinalrule

Sickening to lose this. I really thought we'd win. But, the ghosts of last year are still here. Lame play calling (154 yards passing?!!), turnovers, and no clue what to do agAinst a blitz!!

I just read another site that showed berry with 272 passing so that wasn't as bad as I thought but, with who we had coming back and with the changes at la tech I really thought we were going to win. I am disappointed.

After seeing NC State squeak by Richmond, a fcs team, losing to La Tech by 13 is a little disappointing. Seems they are still making too many mistakes at key moments in the game. The SLC appears to be a lot stronger this year so it should be interesting to see how many games they can win. I do think the defense should keep them competitve all year.

Guest eagle eye

272 passing, I think

And 2.6 yds/rush.........

Throw the damn thing downfield

Hey PT, we had the ball on the Tech side of the field and we fumbled. We were set up to steal this game. I don't think LU choked. As much as we want to do the old "here we go again" this wasn't that. Most predictions ON THIS SITE had LU losing by as much as 3 TDs. My own prediction had us winning by 3. If you play the "ifs and buts" game what would have happened if LU had not fumbled and gone on to score with 3 minutes left? What would a score have done to juice the defense? I'm just saying. The team went on the road and played well enough to win had we gotten a couple of breaks. This just doesn't appear to be the same old LU and it's what we've been waiting 4 years for. Lighten up folks, if there's such a thing as a good loss I'd say this qualifies. When all is said and done the 13 point loss was really closer than that. GO CARDS!

All you can ask for is to compete and be in a position to win the ball game and Lamar was. This shows that we are growing as a program and we need to keep building. Yes, we did have a damn good chance to win that game but hell, they paid a lot of money for us to go there and give them a game and we did. The SLC is a major FCS conference that's gonna have great teams. Great game Cards, keep working.

Cplatt

+1

just got home from the game. Cards are a lot better than last years team, they have some fight in them. I wasn't sure on the so called sac fumble, looked like QB had released the ball. Cards had their chances, key mistakes, and a little home brewing cost them. All and all I was impressed that Lamar didn't get an ass whipping like some people on here predicted.

The line was 29. We were in this game until the very end. All we can ask for is to have a chance to win at the end against these FBS schools. We had that chance. Maybe next time we turn the corner and make that play. Hopefully, we didn't get to banged up. I am sad for the loss, but I feel progress is being made.

I'd say that this was the best game Lamar has played since returning football. I don't think many expected them to hang in there against a team that went bowling last year. I couldn't be happier.

Actually their AD screwed them from going bowling when he didn't immediately accept an invite to the Independence Bowl to face ULM thinking they had a shot at a couple other bowls but we get your point.

La Tech was the highest scoring offense in the FBS last season.

I was keeping up with the game on an app on my tablet. Won't do that again. There was a lot of good information, but the updates were way too slow. The best info I got was from the comments on the BRI site. The app would reflect those comments about 10-15 minutes later. :(

The whole time I was watching the "GameTracker" screen I was thinking I would have loved to see last night's game at PUS in front of the home crowd. I'm looking forward to this season's remaining games. I think this was a good test for the team. I would have liked to have a win, but I'm proud of the team and the progress it has made.