Guest CardAmbassador

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post from jagsjungle.com :

Nominate | Report

Posted: Today 10:36 PM

Game Day Information for our visitors from Lamar. 

Please get the word out to the LU fans traveling to the game Saturday. 

The stadium parking lot is sold out to season ticket holders, so there is NO single game parking in the stadium lot except the following two:

1. Legitimate Handicap tags / stickers.   Must be real deal, they don't honor sob stories about how fat, old or ugly you are.  Cost - $15.

2. RV / Trailers - Cost - $65 for Friday night thru Sunday noon......RV only...No cars pulling cookers, etc. 

For tailgating, there are many private lots across the street from the stadium for $10 - $20 per car.....Get there early as they go fast. Best are located on the west side of stadium, but some on both sides.  

For those just going to the game, use the shuttle service from Mall.  Only $2.50 per person, round trip....Great deal!  Drops off right at the stadium and our fans in the lot tailgating are very friendly and most likely will invite you in for food and fun......Check out USA website http://www.usajaguars.com and look for game day for complete information.

Thanks for getting this info out.....

Guest CardinalClaw

At least one and possibly two Lamar University starters will be back Saturday against South Alabama.

Tight end Billy Chavis practiced in pads Tuesday and Wednesday and appears fully healed from a knee injury that caused him to miss Saturday’s 58-0 victory against Texas College.

“He’s put in two good days,” Woodard said.

Wide receiver Marcus Jackson (sprained ankle) might also return Saturday after he ran routes at full speed without pads Wednesday night.

“Unbelievable,” Woodard said. “I would have said Tuesday he was out. But he ran around good (Wednesday). We’ll probbaly pad him up (Thursday) and see how he does because he looks good.”

Last season, Jackson ranked second on the team in catches (41) and receiving yards (727) but caught a team-high 8 touchdown passes.

Chavis caught 12 passes for 78 yards and a touchdown.

Chavis returns as another tight end, Kevin Davis, is lost for the season with a knee injury. Wooodard said Davis injured the knee against Texas College.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/09/07/te-chavis-and-maybe-wr-jackson-will-play-saturday/

Guest CardAmbassador
That's great news!! Marcus Jackson at full speed and Chavis already back. That sounds like all the starters to me. I like the health of this team moving into the next two weeks. I hope we can stay this way in to the beginning of conference play.

Guest CardAmbassador

LU Game Notes

MOBILE, Ala. - Lamar University's high-rolling Cardinals will follow their record-setting 58-0 season-opening romp over Texas College with a much stiffer test this Saturday afternoon as they will hit the road to challenge South Alabama in 38,888-seat Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Under the guidance of coach Joey Jones, South Alabama boasts an unblemished 18-0 record since starting its football program during the 2009 season. Lamar University's players got an up close look at the quality of South Alabama's team in Beaumont last year when the Jaguars dealt the Cardinals a 26-0 defeat.

South Alabama opened its season on Sept. 1 with a 20-10 home victory over West Alabama. Sophomore running back Kendall Houston helped lead the way by rushing for a game-high 78 yards and two touchdowns. His scores came on runs of 2 and 10 yards.

Freshman quarterback C.J. Bennett completed 12 of 21 passes for 151 yards, but he threw three interceptions.

Junior running back DePauldrick Garrett, a transfer from Navarro College, made his Cardinal debut a spectacular one as he ran for a school-record four touchdowns and scored a record 24 points in last Saturday's season-opening victory over Texas College.

Read More: http://www.lamarcardinals.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090811aaa.html

Guest bigred360
lu card, I'm pretty sure Branden Thomas is healthy to play this week. I heard if we were playing someone besides Texas College he could have played last week.

Guest CardAmbassador

Yep, here is more from Jackson:

#hoggin me and tha hoggs goin up to mobil alabama and (expletive) up this parade at south alabama...word is bond

Guest CardAmbassador

South Alabama time out. Not sure where the ball is but it's south's ball they haven't started their series yet.

LU started off slow, 2 penalties on kick off. Coleman is having a good outing though. He just needs to settle down.