BRI.com SLC Power Rankings: Week 1

Mike

Guest CardAmbassador

Interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing how this changes after week 2. There are some good test in week 2 that will give us a little more info on the SLC teams and how they're going to do this year.

I remember last year SELU was ranked in the top 3 in the preseason and then they fell to the bottom of the conference in short order.

I actually ranked NW State #6 in my poll... Delta State was the runner-up in the Div. II National Title game last year, and they returned a lot from that team, so don't let that close win completely disparage their ranking... When you consider these teams played the gamut - from a BCS school like McNeese, to a lower-tier NAIA school like many others did, ranking these teams was a challenge after week one, but I agree, it'll be easier gauge these teams after week two...

Guest CardAmbassador

I had NWST at #8 in my poll but I didn't want them there, I just couldn't justify moving anyone lower based on performance.

I agree, next week we will get to see quite a bit more of what each team is made of including the Cards.

Guest CardinalClaw
SFA has two REALLY tough games straight ahead. #2 UNI, then Baylor! Jacks might be 1-2 in a couple of weeks...

I see you guys being 2-1 in a couple of weeks, I pick SFA to beat UNI.