Good news for the Cards fans who can't travel to USA

TBonesLU

Why would USA's AD want to "shrink the market" and not have the game available online? That doesn't make sense to me. And Mobile is definitely not in the sticks, it's a bigger metro area than Beaumont. Poor choice of words IMO.

I don't know, but I e-mailed their A.D. I asked for reconsideration. I will let you know if he even responds.

And I quote...

"Tony - thank you for your thoughts.....

When we granted Lamar the right to broadcast this game at no cost it was explicitly communicated that the broadcast would be intended for and limited to the Beaumont area only.

We received a request this week pertaining to sending the game to ESPN3. Following some discussion the decision was made to honor our initial intent.

We as an institution are producing and broadcasting three of our home games on a combination of a local station (UTV44), regional (CSS) and ESPN3. We feel that this is a substantial step and investment in the growth of Jaguar Football and reaching out to our fan base.

The decision to decline ESPN3 in this instance revolves mostly around the type/style/content of the broadcast rather than any perceived impact on attendance.

I will revisit the concept but feel we are providing a tremendous service to Lamar in granting the broadcast at no charge for the fans in Beaumont that cannot make the trip.

Respectfully,

Joel

Joel Erdmann Ph.D.

Director of Athletics

University of South Alabama

Mitchell Center 1209

Mobile, AL 36688"