Thanking Our Lucky Stars for Coach Rossomando

TexGator

With everything happening in the Brazos Valley, let's thank our lucky stars we have Coach Rossomando building a culture at Lamar on and off the field of being winners (and at a cheaper price per season than Jimbo costs per game).

If we win this Saturday (rivalry game- anything can happen) over a team that's been outscored 137-277 on the field this season (their only win being the Demons' forfeit), it's a winning season... a far cry from how we felt just a year ago.

With everything happening in the Brazos Valley, let's thank our lucky stars we have Coach Rossomando building a culture at Lamar on and off the field of being winners (and at a cheaper price per season than Jimbo costs per game).

If we win this Saturday (rivalry game- anything can happen) over a team that's been outscored 137-277 on the field this season (their only win being the Demons' forfeit), it's a winning season... a far cry from how we felt just a year ago.

Looking like we finally made the right choice!!

Looking like we finally made the right choice!!

I agree.

- Didn't like the Woodard hire; a guy who had 1 year as a JuCo HC and the team's calling card wasn't his specialty (a defensive guy coaching a team that lived by their offense).

- Schultz felt like they didn't even try- hadn't heard him discussed for any HC job before he gets hired at Lamar.

- I'll admit that I loved the Coach Morgan hire... until I saw San Diego State was putting up big rushing numbers with him as QB coach.

- Rossomando came in and said, "it's about building the lines" and he's walking the talk.

The thing I liked about Rossomando immediately was his resume and his enthusiasm.

Looking forward to see how well he recruits - especially the guys in the trenches. We could also use some Power 5 transfers. UIW & Nicholls have a decent amount of those guys.

Heard from a very good source that Rossomando would not have applied for the Lamar if OMalley was not the AD. OMalley has a great reputation on the east coast as a straight shooter and can be trusted not to screw you around.

The thing I liked about Rossomando immediately was his resume and his enthusiasm.

Looking forward to see how well he recruits - especially the guys in the trenches. We could also use some Power 5 transfers. UIW & Nicholls have a decent amount of those guys.

Heard from a very good source that Rossomando would not have applied for the Lamar if OMalley was not the AD. OMalley has a great reputation on the east coast as a straight shooter and can be trusted not to screw you around.

Every AD has their special skills- JOM's built his reputation in the radius of Marshall- where a LOT of schools (particularly in the lower divisions) are packed in- coaches talk and obviously the coaches at Marshall enjoyed their time with JOM.

His desire to build up Lamar is getting out there; he's not at Lamar for a bullet point on his CV- he really wants us to dominate the Southland- especially as "Commissioners Cups" are getting more attention. If anyone doesn't believe me on the Commissioners Cup attention, check out the way Texas, Michigan, Stanford, Florida, and others talk about it- in spite of many of them having a world of success in the money sports. Their ADs get almost as excited about a great day at a regatta as they do a football win. Football and basketball are going to get more attention because of more eyeballs, but O'Malley was jazzed about the trip to Austin with the soccer team.