[tr]

[td]Name[/td]

[td]Height[/td]

[td]Weight[/td]

[td]HS[/td]

[td]Position[/td]

[td]Links[/td]

[/tr]

[tr][td]Justin Brock[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]245-pound[/td] [td]West Brook[/td][td]OT[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Depauldrick Garrett[/td][td]5-7[/td][td]185[/td][td]WOS[/td][td]RB[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Dionte Forney[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]250[/td][td]Nederland[/td][td]QB TE DE[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jueventino Sanchez[/td][td]6-1[/td][td]205[/td][td]Blooming Grove[/td][td]K

[/td][td][/url][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Sean Robertson[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]275[/td][td]Blinn J.C.[/td][td]C

[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Adrian Guillory[/td][td]5-8[/td][td]185[/td][td]Navarro J.C.[/td][td]CB[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Colton Collins[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]300[/td][td]Trinity Valley Community College[/td][td]OT

[/td][td]LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Jeremy Johnson[/td][td]6-2[/td][td]182[/td][td]transfer West Virginia University[/td][td]QB

[/td][td]LINK1

LINK2[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Taylor Davis[/td][td]6-4[/td][td]285[/td][td]transfer University of Missouri[/td][td]OG[/td][td]

LINK[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]Daniel Campbell[/td][td]6-5[/td][td]345[/td][td]Houston, Texas, Aldine HS/Navarro College[/td][td]OL[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[/table]

Note: Lamar has 55 players on full or partial scholarship. NCAA regulations allow FCS to award 63 scholarships that leaves at least 8 full scholarships for this recruiting class.

Lamar Cardinals Football 2011 Preferred Walk-ons

List of Preferred Walk Ons:

[table]

[tr]

[td]Name[/td][td]Pos[/td][td]School[/td][td]Ht.[/td][td]Wt.[/td][td]LINK[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Reggie Begelton[/td][td]WR[/td][td]West Brook HS[/td][td]6'1[/td][td]175[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Tony Brodner[/td][td]ATH[/td][td]Bishop Dunne HS[/td][td]5'11[/td][td]170[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Blake Burman[/td][td]LB[/td][td]Livingston HS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Colby Carpenter[/td][td]DB[/td][td]Bridge City HS[/td][td]6'1"[/td][td]190[/td][td]Profile[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Jahmai Coleman[/td][td]WR[/td][td]Navarro (South Houston HS)[/td][td]6'0"[/td][td]175[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Justin Keene[/td][td]DB[/td][td]Kirbyville HS[/td][td]5'11"[/td][td]165[/td][td]Profile[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Anthony Lee[/td][td]WR[/td][td]Southern (Ozen HS)[/td][td]6'2"[/td][td]200[/td]Profile[td][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Adam Martin[/td][td]OL[/td][td]Kelly HS[/td][td][/td][td][/td][td]http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/huddle/2010/12/15/four-kelly-football-players-earn-all-state-honors/[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Logan Moss[/td][td]TE[/td][td]Orangefield HS[/td][td]6'3"[/td][td]195[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rashad Stewart[/td][td]S[/td][td]Louisville (Marietta, Ga., Wheeler HS)[/td][td]5'11[/td][td]175[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Davion Wolford[/td][td]ATH[/td][td]Willowridge HS[/td][td]5'10[/td][td]160[/td][td]

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

I would like to add that I have a friend from Nederland who is trying to walk-on, his name is Tommy Gillespie, if you're familiar with Nederland football you might remember him. He is enrolled in a speed camp and is on the same diet as the players.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigred360

Former Central defensive back Adrian Guillory 5'8, 185 lbs signed with Lamar. He also played at Navarro. Guillory ended the season at Navarro with 19 tackles and three interceptions in five games, according to the NJCAA web site.

Still unsigned is former Central star Derrick Hall, who played two seasons at Navarro. Hall signed with Tulsa before last season but left after the NCAA ruled him ineligible because not all necessary credits transferred from Navarro.

Guest bigred360

Colton Collins is a 6-foot-4, 300-pound offensive tackle played the last two seasons at Trinity Valley Community College and played high school football at Austin McCallum. Collins ended the season as a second-team offensive lineman in the Southwest Junior College Football Conference.

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2010/12/16/lamar-football-adds-offensive-lineman-from-junior-college/

Guest CardAmbassador

I'm happy with most of these signs so far. I like that we have some size coming in. If we land Jeremy Johnson than I would say we have one hell of a recruiting class coming in.

Glad to see more depth at the kicking position too.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bigred360

Zack Sonnier WR LC-M

Zack Sonnier was a 2nd Team 2010 All-SETXsports.com selection at WR. He made the 1st Team Port Arthur News Super Team at WR and was a 1st Team Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team selection at WR.

Appears Lamar is looking at him. Does anyone know it a offer has been made? He is listed at 6-0, 180 with a 4.5 forty time. He could join Joseph Viator a former LC-M Bear on the Lamar football team.

He had 68 catches for 1006 yds and 7 TDs this season.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/football/recruiting/player-Zack-Sonnier-121497

Guest CardAmbassador

bigred360 wrote:

Zack Sonnier WR LC-M

Zack Sonnier was a 2nd Team 2010 All-SETXsports.com selection at WR. He made the 1st Team Port Arthur News Super Team at WR and was a 1st Team Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team selection at WR.

Appears Lamar is looking at him. Does anyone know it a offer has been made? He is listed at 6-0, 180 with a 4.5 forty time. He could join Joseph Viator a former LC-M Bear on the Lamar football team.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/football/recruiting/player-Zack-Sonnier-121497

I like this kid, he knows how to run after the catch and he seems to have some speed. It would be nice if he grew two more inches or so after HS. I know one thing, we better sign at least one good WR this class, because we're going to lose several this season.

Guest bigred360

Yea, this is a really nice video and if he can't play WR at Lamar he could probably play strong safety.

Rivals listed his max bench at 250 which is a little weak for a kid 6-0, 180. My brother who graduated from the same high school (LC-M) benched 330 and he was 5-10, 170. He signed with McNeese as there wasn't a football program at Lamar.

What I'm getting at is they have a good weight program over there so the 250 may be wrong.

Guest CardAmbassador

coachacola wrote:

Back in December someone posted that video on lots of different message boards asking for feedback. It appears this guy is trying to get his name out there. I guess he's not getting too much interest but I'm guessing Lamar knows about him.

If their is something better at WR still left lets get that, but I think the kid seemed good enough. We have smaller and slower WR on the roster right now.

CardAmbassador wrote:

bigred360 wrote:

Zack Sonnier WR LC-M

I like this kid, he knows how to run after the catch and he seems to have some speed. It would be nice if he grew two more inches or so after HS. I know one thing, we better sign at least one good WR this class, because we're going to lose several this season.

Not saying he will grow but it is likely. His father stands at 6'3" and both his older brothers grew after high school

bigred360 wrote:

Yea, this is a really nice video and if he can't play WR at Lamar he could probably play strong safety.

Rivals listed his max bench at 250 which is a little weak for a kid 6-0, 180. My brother who graduated from the same high school (LC-M) benched 330 and he was 5-10, 170. He signed with McNeese as there wasn't a football program at Lamar.

What I'm getting at is they have a good weight program over there so the 250 may be wrong.

Who is your brother?

Guest bigred360

Daniel Rose but he was there probably long before you. He played 87, 88 and 89 at LC-M. Was a CB as a sophomore, free safety as a junior. Then his senior year he didn't come off the field as he was a RB, FS, PR, KR and was on the kickoff and punt coverage teams. He was 5-10, 170lbs. He could bench 330, run a 4.4 forty and under 10.9 100 meters in track. He lettered in track and baseball.

Then he went to MSU but later transferred to Lamar majoring in Kinesiology.

He later coached at LC-M, West Brook and Mansfield.

Now he is the associate pastor at Community Church in Orange and is the Superintendent of the school.

http://www.ccsorange.org/ccsprofile.html

I'm just a little proud of him. I guess you noticed. ;)

• 2 months later...

I am glad to see that Lamar is playing football, and I think that is a very smart move to raid the JUCO ranks for players, and also glad to see the transfers that the staff has brought in!!!!!! We need to get behind this team, and these kids and root like heck for them. Patrick will be very supportive of the football program, and the young men that play in it!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman

Guest CardAmbassador
I am glad to see that Lamar is playing football, and I think that is a very smart move to raid the JUCO ranks for players, and also glad to see the transfers that the staff has brought in!!!!!! We need to get behind this team, and these kids and root like heck for them. Patrick will be very supportive of the football program, and the young men that play in it!!!!!

Go Cards!!!!!!!!

Knightman

I think next year will be worlds better than last year.

Can't wait for 2011 Cardinal Football AND Basketball!