*Rumored Lamar to FBS discussion*

LU1991

Guest LU4LIFE
Just a hunch, but I think things are about to get interesting. ;)

Does this hunch have anything to do with Jack's major update that he mentioned on BR?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CardAmbassador

Heres the scoop:

There is a rumor floating around, from a good source mind you, that Lamar University will publicly announce they are seeking candidacy in the WAC sometime this week.

This information is from an outside source not affiliated with Lamar so we are attempting to fact check this rumor. If we find anything out you guys will be the first to know.

Guest LU4LIFE
If this turns out to be true then that would lead me to believe that there is something going on behind the sense just because I don't know why Lamar would be so tight lipped about this topic up until now.

If this turns out to be true then that would lead me to believe that there is something going on behind the sense just because I don't know why Lamar would be so tight lipped about this topic up until now.

I agree with you on that. I also wonder if this announcement is related to what Bob West said about Billy Tubbs pushing hard for Lamar to join the WAC. Should be a fun week.

Guest CardAmbassador
Newest news from Jack over at BobcatReport.com is that only Seattle will get invited to the WAC in June. The plot thickens! :laugh:

Stay tuned, BRI has some info to add to this. It will probably be a story on the main page.

Guest CardAmbassador
The story will be up this evening, probably when the admin gets off work. It should shead more light on this entire situation. This info is from the ultimate source so you will be able to take it to the bank.

From reading what the Idaho AD said, my guess is Lamar will join the WAC in a couple of years along with some western schools and there will be a 12 to 14 team WAC with true east/west divisions. I think the admin needs to leave work early and post the info. :laugh:

Guest CardinalClaw
From reading what the Idaho AD said, my guess is Lamar will join the WAC in a couple of years along with some western schools and there will be a 12 to 14 team WAC with true east/west divisions. I think the admin needs to leave work early and post the info. :laugh:

I agree, getting this information out is more important then work.:laugh:

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Coach, if your guess is true, then it is also possible that the WAC could go a different route with different schools in a couple of years and LU could be left out in the cold. A lot can change in a that time frame. There is going to be other schools that will try hard to be FBS ready during that time and make a case to sell their schools over LU. The question is whether the WAC is holding off right now on LU or LU is holding off on the WAC. If LU is holding back, I think it is a big gamble because right now, LU is ahead of all the other viable football schools. JMHO!

Do we know what schools are holding out???

It appears SJSU and Idaho are against adding any eastern schools until some western schools are added. But if one of those schools changes their mind then Lamar should get in. There's probably a lot of politicking going on behind the scenes.

Guest CardAmbassador

It appears SJSU and Idaho are against adding any eastern schools until some western schools are added. But if one of those schools changes their mind then Lamar should get in. There's probably a lot of politicking going on behind the scenes.

This is the point in the process where we send the Big Red mascot to SJSU to sleep on their presidents lawn until he changes his mind.

Guest NorthoftheBorder

This is the point in the process where we send the Big Red mascot to SJSU to sleep on their presidents lawn until he changes his mind.

LOL!!!!! Now that's funny! :laugh:

This was posted on the WAC board and I think it's how the WAC will look in 2014:

WEST

Seattle

San Jose St

Cal Poly

Montana

Montana St

Idaho

Utah St

SOUTHWEST

Denver

New Mexico St

UTSA

Texas St.

Sam Houston St

Lamar

La Tech

Eventually they'll split apart into two FBS conferences.

Guest CardAmbassador

Eventually they'll split apart into two FBS conferences.

I see that happening too. I think it's inevitable. After TxSt, UTSA and Denver join you are going to have mid major type schools spread accross half the country. The cost of travel and the lack of enough actual rivalry's makes me believe the WAC will eventually explode. But I would rather be in an exploding WAC than a sinking SLC.

That west division looks brutal compared with the east division. Lamar will be a second or third year football team while UTSA will be a first or second year team. The only thing is that both Montana schools have both said no thanks to the FBS several times. So does the fact this was posted on the WAC board mean that the Montana schools are reopening talks to mabey joining the WAC or is it just someones speculation?

According to the Idaho AD, Cal Poly, Montana and Montana State have open invitations to join the WAC. I'm guessing the western teams are afraid if Lamar joins now then they'll lose their power and the eastern schools will start inviting more eastern schools. My hope is some type of deal can be worked out so Lamar can get invited now.