2015 Football Recruiting Thread

KABrother88

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[tweet]558016420458409984[/tweet]

6'4" 200 lbs QB outta Sachse HS...3* guy according to ESPN and a 2* per Rivals...both show his only offer is from Colgate. He had a very good WR this year in 2016 5* Devin Duvernay but for the 2014 season Cox was 172-275 (63%) for 3,066 yards and 32 TDs to 9 INTs...rushed for 362 yards on 72 carries with 4 TDs in 10 games...so about 300 yards and 3 TDs per game

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2745177/brett-cox

Edited by KABrother88

Just did a quick Twitter search of Lyle Buckner who we have listed as a JUCO commit and it looks like he was involved in an auto accident recently and required surgery of some nature. Not sure what that means in respect to him playing for Lamar but it will be something to keep an eye on as NSD is only 13 days away.

Not to offend by stating the obvious, but we need some stud DL's in this class!!

Could not agree more. We very well may already have a couple guys locked up that we just don't know about...but it worries me at this point. Carr and Couron are set to replace Okafor and Curran but we need lots of depth...only 7 guys listed on our roster at the moment.

I'm not worried about the DL. returners are: Tebo, Frost and Adams(RS) and another DT that just transferred in. I'm not sure where he came from, but I hear he has good size. DE's will be Carr, who was starting over Curran the last 3 or 4 games, Couron, Hollyfield, Hale (transfer last year, but couldn't play and looked really good 6'2" 280 good speed can play DE or DL, Ty Robertson from Tx State is back in the mix and is doing good with grades, and Burman who moved to DL from OLB. This is more quality and depth as a unit than I have seen the last 2 -3 years.

Also, a great transfer for the OL is Dayton product Matt Oubre out of UL at Monroe. I can't wait to see the entire list next week. Keep the Faith!!

Thanks for the update. I knew Hale transfered in from a D-II school and would have to sit out a year...didn't know about Robertson being back...good to hear but I'd still like more depth at the DE position

Really like the Oubre pick up. RS'd as a freshman in 2013 so he'll have 3 years.

UIW OL commit Joseph Gonzales is taking an official this weekend...he's visited UIW & HBU the last couple weeks.