2015 Football Recruiting Thread

KABrother88

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I hope he starts!!! Anyone who has enough sense to leave SFA and come here is ok in my book!!!

I think he has a very good shot to start. He had a shot at winning the starting job at SFA this season but coach Conque gave the nod to his son...not saying Minden lost the job just because he was up against the HC's son because ultimately Conque lead SFA to the playoffs, but it makes you wonder if Minden was actually given an equal shot.

• 3 weeks later...
from a good source this will be lamar's best recruiting class since bringing back football.

I hope so...a lot of key holes need to be addressed. It's so hard to gauge where we stand at the moment though. Like this all the time just due to the FCS factor. A lot of times the recruiting sites don't have up to date info (JUCO transfer Carson Earp still doesn't show an offer on Rivals) and sometimes players we get don't even have pages. Most of the info I've posted here is from basic Twitter searches so I'm sure I've missed kids post about offers or even commits...and as I've seen in the past sometimes these commits turn out to be preferred walk-ons. Friday is the end of a recruiting "dead period" (no face to face contact) for FCS, so hopefully we'll see some news this weekend thru the Feb 1st about official visits and commitments before it goes silent until NSD on Feb. 4th.

Rodney Randle will be taking his official visit to Lamar next weekend according to his dad. I'm not sure he meant next as in this weekend or next as in two weekends from now. Either way, he's making that OV.

I've seen where he has said that Lamar offered him as a DB...I wonder if we are able to land Calum Foster and if the staff sees Chaston Brooks as a DB as well if they will consider using Randle at RB. He is a tad small from what you'd typically want to see in a DB...but man he can burn off with the ball. Idk what we have in terms of RBs targeted/committed at the moment but we don't have any listed. We only took 1 last year and it was Harris who will be gone after this season.

I just learned Robert Mitchell and Rex Dausin have both left the program. Mitchell will be attending Blinn and I'm not sure about Dausin. I assume this is do to the 3 QB's we recruited recently. Good luck to both they were great young men.

Interesting...I know Mitchell's younger brother is also at Blinn. I liked what I saw out of him a little more than Dausin though...although both played limited snaps in garbage time. I was wondering the other day with the additions at QB if Mitchell would be open to moving to WR...guess not. Best of luck to both young men. Now we need to add another QB. Hopefully from the HS ranks. I know we've offered the kid from Henderson but I hope the staff has taken a look at Austin Skinner out of Teague.