Column: The Problem with Price

AggiesAreWe

The real problem is it is an honest assessment of what Lamar needs if it going to win and win consistently. I am sure that if a coach is honest with his players he can work through next year and then recruit to build the future be it Price or someone else. If you only have one scholarship and you are the next LU head coach, then a shot blocking post player is probably high on your preference list. Next is probably the 6-5 shooter. If someone leaves then maybe you can get both. Doing the best you can with what is returning and figuring how you balance the 2015-16 recruiting class will be critical.

+1

I didn't see anything coming close to throwing players under the bus. Price's comments looked like a very fair needs assessment. We need more of that. He just said a lot of the same things many have been saying on this board.

How we get to where we need to be will determine if anyone is throwing anyone else under the bus.

I am ok with whoever the powers that be decide will the next head coach at Lamar, my feeling is that it will be Coach Price and I will be behind him all the way. But I think something can and should happen rather quickly!!!!

Go Lamar!!!!!!

Knightman

You gonna change your name? At least drop the K and keep it respectable! No one wants to be reminded of that pompus no talent jackhole of a (cough cough) coach on a regular basis on here.

In the words of Spike:

DO THE RIGHT THING!

Tic Price was an assistant to his friend from college Ron Everhart when Mcneese won the conference regular season and went to the NIT. Everhart then upgraded to Norteastern. Price signed future all conference forward Damond Williams and Menes repeated as regular season champion and went to the NCAA. Hurricane Ike disrupted athletic and academic facilities at McNeese significantly for over a year.Baseball and basketball had extreme facility challenges. After being terminated at McNeese he was hired as an assistant at North Texas by his former assistant at !Memphis, Johnny Jones . Tic left North Texas and was hired here as a top assistant. Jones is now head coach at LSU. Price was the NABC District 8 Coach of the Year 4 times.This fills in some of the holes here.

Tic Price was an assistant to his friend from college Ron Everhart when Mcneese won the conference regular season and went to the NIT. Everhart then upgraded to Norteastern. Price signed future all conference forward Damond Williams and Menes repeated as regular season champion and went to the NCAA. Hurricane Ike disrupted athletic and academic facilities at McNeese significantly for over a year.Baseball and basketball had extreme facility challenges. After being terminated at McNeese he was hired as an assistant at North Texas by his former assistant at !Memphis, Johnny Jones . Tic left North Texas and was hired here as a top assistant. Jones is now head coach at LSU. Price was the NABC District 8 Coach of the Year 4 times.This fills in some of the holes here.

Why don't you also talk about what happened at Memphis. We don't need baggage. We don't need a retread. We need a proven winner with class.

Actually, it wouldn't be all bad if we hired Price. I won't buy any basketball tickets so it will save me money. And I won't waste my time listening to the games on the radio so that gives me time to mow the yard or get a root canal or do anything more fun.

So aside from your obvious dislike of the fact that he had an affair approximately 15 years ago and whatever else that allegedly involved, why would you totally drop support for the basketball program if he is hired. Your statements are more like a personal issue than the faithful LU fan that thinks he is not the right guy. I didn't think Pat Knight was the right coach when he was hired, but I attended probably 90% of the games during his tenure and listened to most of the away games.

So aside from your obvious dislike of the fact that he had an affair approximately 15 years ago and whatever else that allegedly involved, why would you totally drop support for the basketball program if he is hired. Your statements are more like a personal issue than the faithful LU fan that thinks he is not the right guy. I didn't think Pat Knight was the right coach when he was hired, but I attended probably 90% of the games during his tenure and listened to most of the away games.

Because it speaks volumes about the AD and the school. If we settle for someone with his background then that says a lot about the University, in my humble opinion. Also, he only had a couple of good years at UNO and all of the sudden he is this great coach? I think it would be a disgrace to hire him. Sorry. For starters, he was MARRIED!! Secondly, he was tapping a friggin college girl!!!! What in the hell is wrong with people? Screw morals? And, he 'allegedly' assaulted her. Good freaking lord...I can't believe we are even ENTERTAINING THE THOUGHT OF HIRING HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't tell me there aren't any other possibilities out there???!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!

The GRADUATE STUDENT issue of long ago has been hashed and rehashed plenty.I believe a four time district 8 coach of the year probably has a number of former players now coaching who can help with players.An advantage of being experienced and a little older.It also has been my experience that at least one more scholarship opens up for most teams due to academics or other reasons.Let's hope these observations play out well for us .We need to support strongly whoever is chosen the next coach.I think the women's basketball selection was handled well and I trust the AD would again do this selection in one of the commonly accepted ways but it doesn't have to be done the way I or anyone else here would do it.I have known selection committees over the years where some of the members were qualified and others weren't .I'd rather the AD do his job and consult with those he knows have relevant input.I hope we get this show on the road by Wednesday now that the conference tournament is over.