2016 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
He's one of 3 younger siblings of current players that have been offered. One of the others is Justin Carr who committed on Monday. I actually felt pretty confident we would land Markell after Martell having took a RS last season. That means they would be teammates together for 3 seasons.

[tweet]629132021604855808[/tweet]

Interesting tweet from Coach Morgan. A couple of players this may be possibly referring to is DB Wayland Hurst (Dickinson Gators) and Shane Hudson & Chase Bridgeman (Crosby Cougars).

Per his Twitter, Chase Bridgeman was in fact on campus today for a visit and received his official scholarship offer. Official offers can't go out until August 1st of the players senior season. If they are offered before then it's really just a verbal offer. I wonder if the staff is trying to get these guys on campus to give them their official offers while also building a stronger relationship?

[tweet]630094565890920448[/tweet]

Per his Twitter, Chase Bridgeman was in fact on campus today for a visit and received his official scholarship offer. Official offers can't go out until August 1st of the players senior season. If they are offered before then it's really just a verbal offer. I wonder if the staff is trying to get these guys on campus to give them their official offers while also building a stronger relationship?

[tweet]630094565890920448[/tweet]

That is in fact what it was. However, Coach Woodard is more of a "handshake is my word" kind of guy and has the mentality of "If I offered you, I offered you and it's good.". Not a bad way to coach. Let's your players know that when you say something, it's golden. Chase really liked the campus, facilities, and coaching staff. It was a good visit.

Thanks for joining and posting. I'm sure Chase is hoping for bigger offers and if Crosby makes a deep run again he'll potentially be playing in front a lot of eyes...but I wanna see him at Lamar lol. Really like what I see in his film...finishes his blocks and plays with a bit of a mean streak. Keep us posted on his recruitment.

I wonder if Coach Beasley is talking about David and Daniel Crosley from DeRidder LA? The HS mascot is the Dragons and David is a LB, Daniel a DE. Both are 2-star athletes according to Rivals:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-David-Crosley-175235

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Daniel-Crosley-175231

A source has confirmed to me that these are in fact the commits...great work figuring out who they were coach.

Their Hudl profiles are both set to private but here is YouTube clips of their highlights

Daniel Crosley - DE - 6'2" 250 lbs

Jr Highlights

https://youtu.be/2WIh4Ai8kh0

David Crosley - LB - 6'1" 245 lbs

Jr Highlights

So Highlights

Edited by KABrother88

Doing a little digging on the Crosley brothers I noticed that Daniel (the DL) had offers from the likes of Houston, Louisiana Tech, UL-L, Memphis, & Southern Miss. I'm sure they are a package deal and David only shows an offer from UL-L. Interestingly enough, 247 and Rivals have David rated higher.

Daniel was 4A All-State in 2013 and 2014 while David was Honorable Mention both years. In 2013 Daniel racked up 30 sacks in 13 games.

• 2 weeks later...