2016 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

According to this article, Lamar has offered 5'10" 180 lbs RB Jake Roper out of Rocky Mountain HS in Idaho. Lamar LB coach Mark Criner's son Calin also plays there under Mark's cousin Scott

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/08/28/3958821/back-for-more-running-backs-eye.html

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2011800/highlights/187569383/v2

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some week 1 stats I was able to get from a few commits:

QB Adam Morse - led PN-G to a 52-0 win over Clear Lake. Morse was 23 of 37 for 306 yards with 5 TDs and 0 INTs. Had 225+ and 4 TDs by halftime.

OLB Jarett Carpenter - 8 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FF on defense. Added 3 catches for 32 yards and a TD on offense. Also added a 2 point conversion reception.

OT Trey Simpson - paved the way for Fairfield's 300+ yards on the ground in their 35-7 win.

Per his Twitter, Chase Bridgeman was in fact on campus today for a visit and received his official scholarship offer. Official offers can't go out until August 1st of the players senior season. If they are offered before then it's really just a verbal offer. I wonder if the staff is trying to get these guys on campus to give them their official offers while also building a stronger relationship?

[tweet]630094565890920448[/tweet]

Watched Crosby play Nederland last Friday night and paid special attention to Bridgeman at center. Really good size on an athletic frame. Was a steady performer, but did seem to get a little frustrated with the very scrappy play of the Nederland defense.

Watched Crosby play Nederland last Friday night and paid special attention to Bridgeman at center. Really good size on an athletic frame. Was a steady performer, but did seem to get a little frustrated with the very scrappy play of the Nederland defense.

I was there as well I got the same impression. Their entire OL was big and played through the whistle at times. I thought Chase played pretty good but wondered how much was due to the undersized Nederland DL.

I'm kind of in awe of how many commits we have this early. Typically the in the FCS recruiting cycle, there are a lot of offers that go out early and typically those kids sit on them and jump on bigger offers as they come later in they cycle. Then you see a lot more offers going out in the weeks leading up to NSD as teams try to fill out their classes. We have 3 guys now committed who have FBS offers and had them before they committed. That is a big statement to this staff's ability to recruit. Now we just have to hold on to them.

Another guy I'm hoping to get is WR Lamar Handy...Mike's little brother. With Mike being a JR this season I'm wondering if Lamar will want to jump into the fold and play with Mike for a year. He currently shows offers from us, SFA, and Toledo (FBS). We need to stock pile WRs this year and it wouldn't hurt to go grab a JUCO WR with so many graduating this season.

I'm kind of in awe of how many commits we have this early. Typically the in the FCS recruiting cycle, there are a lot of offers that go out early and typically those kids sit on them and jump on bigger offers as they come later in they cycle. Then you see a lot more offers going out in the weeks leading up to NSD as teams try to fill out their classes. We have 3 guys now committed who have FBS offers and had them before they committed. That is a big statement to this staff's ability to recruit. Now we just have to hold on to them.

Another guy I'm hoping to get is WR Lamar Handy...Mike's little brother. With Mike being a JR this season I'm wondering if Lamar will want to jump into the fold and play with Mike for a year. He currently shows offers from us, SFA, and Toledo (FBS). We need to stock pile WRs this year and it wouldn't hurt to go grab a JUCO WR with so many graduating this season.

You are correct about the coaching staff having a lot to do with it. The other side of that argument is how they are playing. Holding Baylor the way they did and playing Sam the way they did speaks volumes! That alone, along with the rest of season (which I see going very well) will solidify and hold recruits. These kids want to win. They are used to winning. When these coaches talk to them and the program is doing what the coaches are telling them its going to do, you better keep the doors open wide. Shane Hudson is an absolutely amazing receiver with speed, hight, wing span, and the hang time of a hot air balloon. I have been watching him for years and he will be a great addition to the Cardinals!

With some of these freshmen that are already making big contributions and these verbal commits we have I'm pretty dang excited not only about this year but the years to come. Also it seems to me our o-line and d-line are the best they've been since we brought football back. We used to get pushed around pretty good in the trenches and I don't see that happening thus far this year.

This is an excerpt from a Beaumont Enterprise article about Athlete offeree Kendrick King.

King admits the Cardinals early season success has piqued his interest. King was in attendance for their 43-41 win over No. 5 ranked Sam Houston State.

"I had done some research and I know Lamar had not beat SHSU in a number of years," King said. "The fight they put up against Baylor really opened my eyes."

The score was wrong but the point still gets across...local athletes are noticing what is being put on the field. It's still going to be hard to keep guys from jumping on FBS offers (and the article states that Kings is perhaps closing in on his first as well as hearing more for FBS schools) but putting that winning product on the field will make that an easier sell.

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/H-J-s-King-starting-to-garner-recruiters-6535189.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 2 weeks later...

[tweet]652852422688178176[/tweet]

Potential visitors for today's game:

Dickinson Gators: DBs Wayland Hurst & John Littles

LaGrange Gators: RB Markell Hawthorne (committed)

Crosby Cougars: OL Chase Bridgeman & WR Shane Hudson (both committed)

Nederland Bulldogs: TE Justin Carr (committed)

PN-G Indians: QB Adam Morse, WR Caisen Sullivan, & LS Christian Langston (all committed)

Titan: hmm...someone from Port Arthur maybe? Haven't seen us really on anyone from there this year.

Galveston Ball Tornadoes: DE/OLB Jerry Blanks

Try to see what I can dig up

According to this article from the Beaumont Enterprise, West Brook DL Christian Bluiett holds an offer from Lamar. He is a 2-Star on both 24/7 and Rivals

http://m.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/West-Brook-s-Bluiett-following-path-paved-by-6569240.php

Christian had and older brother Caleb who is a senior TE for Texas and and other older brother Andrew who is a Sophomore OL at Northwestern St.

Edited by KABrother88