2016 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Coach Morgan tweeted what he did about prospects being at the game I saw where Newton assistant coach Marcus Carver replied that some Newton players would be there too. Marcus was a grad assistant at Lamar for 3 years during the rebirth before he went to Newton. This is one school I've been hoping to break through at but McNeese still seems to have the strangle hold there. Marcus is all about Lamar though and I think he'll be a benefit before long.

When Coach Morgan tweeted what he did about prospects being at the game I saw where Newton assistant coach Marcus Carver replied that some Newton players would be there too. Marcus was a grad assistant at Lamar for 3 years during the rebirth before he went to Newton. This is one school I've been hoping to break through at but McNeese still seems to have the strangle hold there. Marcus is all about Lamar though and I think he'll be a benefit before long.

I hope so they produce athletes every year. The kids who were at the game where some good looking kids too. One of them was Gabe Foster he is really good looking kid. Told him to go ahead and come to Lamar and be different from his other family members who all go to McNeese

Edited by LamarCardinals2014

There are always Fosters coming out of Newton and like you said most of the time they end up at McNeese. Last year they had Calim Foster who ended up across the river and I know I had seen where his dad had played for McNeese...not sure what the relationship is to Gabe but he's already got a handful of FBS offers...haven't seen any indication that he has one from Lamar however.

There are always Fosters coming out of Newton and like you said most of the time they end up at McNeese. Last year they had Calim Foster who ended up across the river and I know I had seen where his dad had played for McNeese...not sure what the relationship is to Gabe but he's already got a handful of FBS offers...haven't seen any indication that he has one from Lamar however.

Well they should atleast try and talk to him you never know. His cousin was with him too Kirkland Foster he said he was a JR DB, WR, QB he looked pretty good too. I don't know how he is connected to the Foster at McNeese but they were both good looking kids. Would be nice to get a Newton kid every once in a while at least. They are always making those long playoff runs so you know they can produce some athletes.

Edited by LamarCardinals2014

People have been asking for it and here it is

[tweet]655263559320891392[/tweet]

Like I said before in another thread...think we have a really good shot at this kid. We still need to show him some love and not just offer him and see what happens...but from what I've read he's really close to QB commit Adam Morse and also Krautz's teammate Justin Carr is already committed.

Here is his film if anyone is interested:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2571052/austin-krautz

He has 1,164 yards rushing this season in 7 games (166 per game). Last night PN-G made it very apparent they were not going to let Krautz beat them...they kept him pretty much contained but then you look at the stats and he still piled up 130 yards on 28 workman-like carries (4.6 per carry). No TDs on the night but all the attention on him opened up other players for Nederland.

Edited by KABrother88

People have been asking for it and here it is

[tweet]655263559320891392[/tweet]

Like I said before in another thread...think we have a really good shot at this kid. We still need to show him some love and not just offer him and see what happens...but from what I've read he's really close to QB commit Adam Morse and also Krautz's teammate Justin Carr is already committed.

Here is his film if anyone is interested:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2571052/austin-krautz

He has 1,164 yards rushing this season in 7 games (166 per game). Last night PN-G made it very apparent they were not going to let Krautz beat them...they kept him pretty much contained but then you look at the stats and he still piled up 130 yards on 28 workman-like carries (4.6 per carry). No TDs on the night but all the attention on him opened up other players for Nederland.

Talked to Austin last night. Woodard and Langston offered him after the game. Him and Morse are best friends actually and Krautz would fit perfectly in the Lamar offense. He's like a younger version of Kade.

I saw he was at the game last night but haven't seen any indication that he committed...usually Coach Beasely and Coach Morgan like to post things on Twitter when they get a commit (obviously to abide by NCAA rules they can't say names) but I haven't seen them say anything...however after the game last night they might not have felt it was appropriate to celebrate a commitment. I'll see what I can dig up.

Wondering what this means for Austin Krautz. I think Krautz and King have the versatility to play RB, WR, or DB...both are similar size with Krautz being a little more of a hard nosed vs King being a little more shifty and we already have Hawthorne from Lake Charles committed. From what I've been told we want King at RB. At the moment this is what we have

QB: Morse (only losing Minden so you'd think we're done here)

RB: Hawthorne & King (I still want Krautz but him or King won't both be at RB...signed 2 last last year so it's getting full)

WR: Hudson & Sullivan (really want to add Lamar Handy here)

TE: Carr (would think we are done here)

OL: Bridgeman & Simpson (after signing 5 last year and it looks like 3 will RS I don't think we will take more 1 additional)

DL: Crosley (need more guys here especially a big body or 2 to plug the middle)

LB: Carpenter & Crosley (good rusher in Carpenter and thumper in Crosley plus we signed quite a few good ones last year so might be done here)

DB: None (signed a lot of quality guys and looks like some will RS but could still use some help here)

ST: Langston (wondering if he is going to be in full scholly? Signed a K/P out of Georgia late last year who is RSing and I think Ball got a message RS for last year. Don't expect to see any more activity here.

Wondering what this means for Austin Krautz. I think Krautz and King have the versatility to play RB, WR, or DB...both are similar size with Krautz being a little more of a hard nosed vs King being a little more shifty and we already have Hawthorne from Lake Charles committed. From what I've been told we want King at RB. At the moment this is what we have

QB: Morse (only losing Minden so you'd think we're done here)

RB: Hawthorne & King (I still want Krautz but him or King won't both be at RB...signed 2 last last year so it's getting full)

WR: Hudson & Sullivan (really want to add Lamar Handy here)

TE: Carr (would think we are done here)

OL: Bridgeman & Simpson (after signing 5 last year and it looks like 3 will RS I don't think we will take more 1 additional)

DL: Crosley (need more guys here especially a big body or 2 to plug the middle)

LB: Carpenter & Crosley (good rusher in Carpenter and thumper in Crosley plus we signed quite a few good ones last year so might be done here)

DB: None (signed a lot of quality guys and looks like some will RS but could still use some help here)

ST: Langston (wondering if he is going to be in full scholly? Signed a K/P out of Georgia late last year who is RSing and I think Ball got a message RS for last year. Don't expect to see any more activity here.

I think Lamar is definitely heading in the right direction. Would like to see some big bodies on the defensive side of the ball but all in all, looks like a very exciting time to come for Lamar.

Just got confirmation that King did commit last night. This is another big pick up for Lamar and a kid I think is very underrated.

This a great. I saw this kid play a few weeks ago. He definitely has Randle speed. He is unbelievably quick and has speed that hits a whole nother gear!!

I would have to disagree. With the spotty play at QB this year we need to bring in at least 2 QB's, maybe 3.

We have Earp coming back as well as McKenzie who went down before the season with a knee injury and signed Cox last year. FCS schools only get 63 schollys to play with so if you think about it, it's kinda only 16 a year. If we do get another QB I would think it would have to be a walk-on. Can't really a see them using another scholly on one with so few available it looks like and other needs at DL and DB.

I wanna see Randle and King in a foot race! Lol. Speed kills!

Yes King is fast...as I said in another post I really hope we land Lamar Handy (Mike's little brother). Kid is another absolute burner...have seen 4.28 40 times...obviously don't know (and kinda doubt) if that is 100% accurate but go watch his film and you'll see he has that other gear as well.