2016 Lamar Football Recruiting Board

KABrother88

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word I got was Daggs and Turner were the only mid year guys.

Also of note I've seen multiple signs elsewhere that Luis Lopez has actually signed with Texas A&M-Kingsville. If your recall he was a guy that was signed over the summer out of Trinity Valley CC but couldn't get all the required classes to enroll in August but the staff expected him to enroll in Janurary...looks like that didn't happen.

Something else I was told was that the staff expected to sign 18-20 kids this cycle we are at 16 HS commits and the 2 transfers. I'm not sure if the 18-20 is counting those 2 or just HS guys/summer JUCU transfers who will sign on Feburary 3rd.

One last thing, today marks the end of the dead period leading up to the final dead period starting Janurary 31st thru National Signing Day. During NCAA dead periods, coaches are not allowed face to face contact with recruits, however they are still able to contact them via phone, letters, social media, etc. The next 3 weekends will be filled with official visits and hopefully we can see the class completed leading up to NSD.

Word I got was Daggs and Turner were the only mid year guys.

Also of note I've seen multiple signs elsewhere that Luis Lopez has actually signed with Texas A&M-Kingsville. If your recall he was a guy that was signed over the summer out of Trinity Valley CC but couldn't get all the required classes to enroll in August but the staff expected him to enroll in Janurary...looks like that didn't happen.

Something else I was told was that the staff expected to sign 18-20 kids this cycle we are at 16 HS commits and the 2 transfers. I'm not sure if the 18-20 is counting those 2 or just HS guys/summer JUCU transfers who will sign on Feburary 3rd.

One last thing, today marks the end of the dead period leading up to the final dead period starting Janurary 31st thru National Signing Day. During NCAA dead periods, coaches are not allowed face to face contact with recruits, however they are still able to contact them via phone, letters, social media, etc. The next 3 weekends will be filled with official visits and hopefully we can see the class completed leading up to NSD.

Looks like Woodard is bucking the trend in the SLC. Seems like everyone is going for the JUCO and FBS transfers. Woodard did say a few years ago he was going stop relying so much on transfers, but I wouldn't mind him bringing in a Mark Roberts caliber transfer every year.

I had a feeling Luis Lopez wasn't going to play at LU because of all the RBs that are already on the roster.

Silsbee kid.

Would have to be Kanon Mackey I would think from Texas State. Redshirted in '14 so he would have 3 years of eligibility. Would make sense with the coaching change there as well. Good bloodlines with his dad and grandpa both playing in the NFL. He was a 2* guy from 247, Rivals, and Scout. His brother is a heck of a WR from what I hear and would be a 2017 kid

Rivals is reporting a new offer to Kilgore JC DE Demontrai Lewis. Originally out Lufkin HS, he was a high 2* guy on 247 Rivals that signed with Sam Houston...ended up at Kilgore Wher he racked up 99 tackles and 11 sacks in 2 seasons

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/617376/demantrai-lewis

Interesting tidbit about Lewis...he's been deaf since the age of 3.

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/27148076/deaf-football-player-shining-at-kilgore-college?config=H264

So far here are the recruits on their official visit to Lamar this weekend that I've seen.

Committed:

Markell Hawthorne - RB

Shane Hudson - WR

Chase Bridgeman - OL

Kendrick King - ATH

Uncommitted:

Alvinoski Lafleur - DB

Micahh Smith -DB

Couple more I've seen

Committed:

Blake George - DB

Uncommitted:

Mike Coats Jr - LB

Jaylon Bowden - DB

Was atctually watching his film the other day and I think this is the first one I've seen that had track highlights on in as well. Will be interesting to see where he ends up playing...getting a log jam at RB...like his LB film better anyways but he is more of a DB size...comes down hill in a hurry though to lay a lick.

Working on trying to figure out the other 2 commits tonight. Would like to see some DL additions. The only 2 HSers we signed last year didn't make it to the start of the season and we have quite a few seniors that will be gone after the 2016 season.

Rushing looks like a good pick up...very active and quick as an OLB and likes to hit.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4503331/delchaun-rushing

A few other names I've seen that were on visits this weekend include 3*s Daniel and David Crosley who are currently committed as well as uncommitted 3* DL Ty Shelby

Edited by KABrother88

Rushing looks like a good pick up...very active and quick as an OLB and likes to hit.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4503331/delchaun-rushing

A few other names I've seen that were on visits this weekend include 3*s Daniel and David Crosley who are currently committed as well as uncommitted 3* DL Ty Shelby

Looks like James Jeffrey (TE/DE) from Cy-Ridge has also committed.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2195006/james-jeffery

Interesting note...Jaylon Bowden and Mike Coats Jr. are actually cousins and their dads played for Oklahoma together in the late 80s-early 90s...Joe Bowden from 1988-1991 being a captain as a senior, and Mike Coats Sr. from 1989-1993 being a captain as a senior.

Also worth mentioning that the dads played with Coach Langston on that same team. Coats is good kid, had a chance to meet him last weekend. I gotta tell ya, Lamar has some weapons lined up for next season. Things are about to get interesting.

Also worth mentioning that the dads played with Coach Langston on that same team. Coats is good kid, had a chance to meet him last weekend. I gotta tell ya, Lamar has some weapons lined up for next season. Things are about to get interesting.

Didn't even process that about Langston playing for OU at that time as well. I knew our recent recruiting uptick in the state was due to his relationships having played and coached at OU then later as the HC of D-II Central Oklahoma.