Football Roster Update

KABrother88

The football roster in the athletic website has been updated with the removal of graduating seniors (have not bumped all the classifications up yet though). Couple things of note:

LB Mike Hargis who was a senior and participated in the senior night festivities is the only senior still listed. Was injured for the end of 2015 and may have gotten/applied for a medical redshirt it appears. If so, it wouldn't have been know on senior night if he would get it so that is probably why he was a part of it.

DBs Tommie and Ronald Barrett are both still listed in the roster. They were both listed as JRs last season but were part of senior night as well.

DB Tristan Ridge no longer listed

TE Tate Smith no longer listed. Was a member of the 2014 signing class. Redshirted in 2014 and wasn't a factor in 2015.

LB Reggie Long is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2014. Redshirted in 2014 and wasn't a factor in 2015.

DB JoJo Henderson is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2015 but redshirted this past season.

DB Jerbrell Lipscomb is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2015. I believe he actually left the team mid season.

The mid year transfers have not been added yet either.

http://lamarcardinals.com/roster.aspx?path=football&mobile=skip

I'm hearing #99 Carr will graduate this spring and #40 Jones may not be returning

Would be an interesting development I think.

Carr leaving would hurt the depth up front with us switching to a 4 man vs a 3 man front. I recall seeing something a while back that Carr was to graduate in May and I had wondering if he would attend grad school to be eligible for 2016 or if he would decide to move on. I like the idea to RS players especially on the OL and DL but this has been a negative in the past. If the player graduates on time then they may not want to pursue another year of school to play football.

Jones would be a big loss I think. Starter as a sophomore and played well for the most part. Will alleviate some of the damage with us going from a 4 LB set to a 2 LB set but we lost several LBs who played a lot last season. So there wouldn't be much experience in that group.

Edited by KABrother88

On a related note, Brendan Langley is doing well on the track team.

Brendan Langley qualified for Saturday's 60-meter semifinals and Brian O'Bonna locked up silver in the long jump Friday when the Lamar University track and field teams opened up the Houston Invitational, a two-day event, hosted at the Yeoman Fieldhouse.

Langley raced to a 6.86 mark 60-meter mark, which placed him 13th overall and second in his heat. It was his first career 60m event in his career at Lamar.

"Langley had a good run, but is capable of more," said head coach Trey Clark. "He will be able to go out and show that in tomorrow by executing a little better, but today he did what he needed."

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/news/2016/1/29/TRACK_0129165306.aspx

The football roster in the athletic website has been updated with the removal of graduating seniors (have not bumped all the classifications up yet though). Couple things of note:

LB Mike Hargis who was a senior and participated in the senior night festivities is the only senior still listed. Was injured for the end of 2015 and may have gotten/applied for a medical redshirt it appears. If so, it wouldn't have been know on senior night if he would get it so that is probably why he was a part of it.

DBs Tommie and Ronald Barrett are both still listed in the roster. They were both listed as JRs last season but were part of senior night as well.

DB Tristan Ridge no longer listed

TE Tate Smith no longer listed. Was a member of the 2014 signing class. Redshirted in 2014 and wasn't a factor in 2015.

LB Reggie Long is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2014. Redshirted in 2014 and wasn't a factor in 2015.

DB JoJo Henderson is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2015 but redshirted this past season.

DB Jerbrell Lipscomb is no longer listed. A 2* recruit who signed in 2015. I believe he actually left the team mid season.

The mid year transfers have not been added yet either.

http://lamarcardinals.com/roster.aspx?path=football&mobile=skip

Mike Hargis roomed the with my son for the last half of the season and semester and he was not back in the room when he returned this semester.

Edited by nascar_jimmy

• 1 month later...