Design the perfect conference for Lamar

Mike

DISCLAIMER: There's no inside info here and this is not even a remote possibility. It's just what I would consider a great conference for Lamar in a perfect world!!!

Gulf Coast Conference or new Southwest Conference (still miss the old SWC)

1. Lamar

2. Texas State

3. UTSA

4. UTA

5. UNT

6. Rice

7. UL-L

8. UL-M

9. Louisiana Tech

10. Tulane

Play McNeese and SHSU non conference and call it a day. Geographically this makes perfect since for all schools. I know im dreaming with UNT/Rice/Tulane but they could go from a small to big fish with a realistic chance to compete in this make believe conference. I could easily remove Tulane and Rice making an 8 team conference and Lamar could play McNeese, SHSU and SFA non conference.

Whats your perfect conference?

It's interesting that as you consider "the perfect conference," you don't include McNeese, SFA, or SHSU in your move-up, but you're okay with UTSA and TSU being there. As far as I knew, there was nothing really between Lamar and those 2 schools, so why include them? Just because they're already FBS?

It's interesting that as you consider "the perfect conference," you don't include McNeese, SFA, or SHSU in your move-up, but you're okay with UTSA and TSU being there. As far as I knew, there was nothing really between Lamar and those 2 schools, so why include them? Just because they're already FBS?

I was including current or future FBS schools assuming Lamar gets off their tails and eventually gets there in the long run. Of course it would easily be better for Lamar in a historical sense to trade out McNeese State and SHSU for UTSA and Texas State to this make believe conference. Heck, add SFA for UTA while we're at it.

that would look like this:

1. Lamar

2. Sam Houston

3. SFA

4. Rice

5. UNT

6. UL-L

7. UL-M

8. McNeese State

9. Louisiana Tech

10. Tulane

me?..i enjoy playing slam, sfa and mcsleeze...much more interesting than utsa or san marcos jc......but i think i was supposed to do a FBS conference

THE PERFECT PUDDIN CONFERENCE

LU

SAM

SFA

Mcneese

UL-L

La Tech

UNT

Arkie st

tulane,UL-m? dont do much for me

me?..i enjoy playing slam, sfa and mcsleeze...much more interesting than utsa or san marcos jc......but i think i was supposed to do a FBS conference

THE PERFECT PUDDIN CONFERENCE

LU

SAM

SFA

Mcneese

UL-L

La Tech

UNT

Arkie st

tulane,UL-m? dont do much for me

Tulane= New Orleans roadie. ;)

The Big Puddin Conference

LU

UNT

LA Tech

Ark St.

UL-L

So Miss (what the heck--watched lamar play em when i was little)

San Marcos junior college

UTSA

I like the Big Puddin Conference, but let's make it 12 teams.

LU

UNT

LA Tech

Ark St.

UL-L

So Miss

Texas State

UTSA

South Alabama

Troy

Georgia State

Georgia Southern

You've got your big markets, beach towns, old SLC rivals, decent football schools, good-sized footprint, and all similar type schools.

Big Tex conf.

lamar

sam

sfa

utep

smu

ts

utsa

unt

i like a 3 game non conference schedule. 11 an 12 team conferences get boring playing the same teams every year. you can change the name to what you want its just the first thing that popped in my head.

I tend to agree with LUCards for the most part. I like a 12 team set up with a conference championship. I think, for some reason, that tossing out the possibility of playing in a CC game plus a bowl to recruits makes it easier to draw them in.

I know that many of these teams would never agree to this conference ,but this would be my list if I had absolute dominion to form a conference. I think the competitive level is nice, and no one travels too far. Fans can go to any game they want as a simple weekend trip.

Gulf Coast Conference

Bowl Tie In: Gallery Furniture Bowl

West:

LU

SHSU

TxSt

UTSA

Rice

UNT

East:

UL-L

La Tech

USA

Tulane

Southern Miss

Arkansas St

Guest bigred360
All of these are good ideas for the prefect conference but honestly for me. I don't want three SLC schools is the same conference. Heck, that is a 1/4 of the conference we have now!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CardAmbassador

The Big South Conference:

LU

McNeese

SFA

SHSU

UTSA

UL-L

La. Tech

UNT

So. Bama

Southern Miss.

Ark. St

Nicholls St

I was with you until you put in Nicholls State. Maybe you couldn't think of a 12th school?

I was going to say the same thing, not exactly sure how Nicholls makes it over any school in the south.