Big Man Anthony Oden transfers to Lamar

sleepy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CardAmbassador
I saw him talking alot with another OL player who was injured. I tried to talk to him but he didn't want to talk to the media.

Guest LU4LIFE
I saw him talking alot with another OL player who was injured. I tried to talk to him but he didn't want to talk to the media.

Yea I saw that too I think the injured players number was 67 they where attached at the hip for most of practice.

Guest CardAmbassador
My thinking is if he is in Beaumont now as everyone's practices begin, he is at least not going anywhere else. Still hopeful.

I agree, every DI program I know of has started practice, if he is in Beaumont as early as last night and likely this morning he probably isn't going any where else.

We will see. Anyone making it out to practice tonight should keep an eye out.

From the "In The Cards" blog:

Lamar University football has enough scholarships left to add another player, coach Ray Woodard said Saturday.

Woodard declined comment on former Arkansas offensive tackle Anthony Oden, who attended at least two of the first three practices.

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/06/does-lu-have-a-scholarship-for-oden/

Pretty sure hes signing!!!!

Now that is some good news. our Offensive line will have to be considered one of the top lines in FCS with those two big guys anchoring it. Props to you sleepy for mentioning this first and props to this site for reporting him being at practice. Lets hope he does indeed sign!

Guest CardinalClaw
From the "In The Cards" blog:

Lamar University football has enough scholarships left to add another player, coach Ray Woodard said Saturday.

Woodard declined comment on former Arkansas offensive tackle Anthony Oden, who attended at least two of the first three practices.

Link: http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2011/08/06/does-lu-have-a-scholarship-for-oden/

This is interesting because me an a few others didn't notice him at Fridays practice so I wonder if he was at today's practice.

Guest CardAmbassador
That's a solid o line commit. I think it would be interesting to line them up on the same side of the line at times with a power RB like gusset and see how much yardage we gain. Only problem is the opposing team would k ow which side we are going to.

Guest bigred360
Anyone know who was the guy decked out in ATM gear on the sidelines last night. My dream would be Christine Michael. However, being high profiled someone at ATM or here would have known it was him.

Anyone know who was the guy decked out in ATM gear on the sidelines last night. My dream would be Christine Michael. However, being high profiled someone at ATM or here would have known it was him.

I wasnt at practice but I doubt it was anyone significant. It was probably just a family member watching practice that heppened to be wearing Texas A&M clothes. On Christine Michael, It would be interesting with him coming off an injury and the Aggies having a load of running backs if he fell down the RB chart if he'd remain happy there. If Oden is at Lamar with our returning linemen and Campbell any running back would love to run behind that line.

Christine Michaels will not be falling down the depth chart, creating an unhappiness, resulting in a transfer. C-Mike performed very well in the Aggie Spring game and is expected to share the running load with Cyrus Gray. Gray is a senior. Michaels will be "the man" next year if not by seasons end this year for A&M.

Guest bigred360

AggiesAreWe, I'm sure C-Mike won't fall down the depth chart but I heard Coach Sherman was going to have Gray get the vast majority of the carries with C-Mike getting 10 or fewer.

This isn't splitting time like they did last year before C-Mike got injured.

Here is how some SHSU fans feel about Odense

http://katfans.com/newforum/

I think those SHSU fans will have always have an inferiority complex when it comes to Lamar and Texas State. No matter how well their teams do nobody gives a damn!! Their athletic department knows this too, or why else schedule your season opener on a Thursday night? When only maybe 5000 fans show for the game they have a ready made excuse!