Official Lamar at Northwestern State Game Thread ** NSU Wins 30-23 **

coachacola

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still shows no offense....last drive against prevent. Berry tries hard but turns it over too much. Takes too many sacks. Anyway Northwestern was horrible to tell the truth.Crazy motion and 5 yrd passes...yea!!

Kueck will cost Ray his job...Send Mr. Ole school packin Ray. There has got to be someone on your staff that can take over, spread them out and try to win a few. I atually like Ray but our OC is pitifull...

The offense made too many mental mistakes in key moments. The defense kept them in the game but the offense isn't good enough to capitalize. Offensive line allows too much pressure on the QB.

LU had 285 total years, NSU 310. They were in this game until about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter then mistakes cost them the game. NW State was giving them the game but Lamar's offense couldn't take advantage.

Still shows no offense....last drive against prevent. Berry tries hard but turns it over too much. Takes too many sacks. Anyway Northwestern was horrible to tell the truth.Crazy motion and 5 yrd passes...yea!!

Kueck will cost Ray his job...Send Mr. Ole school packin Ray. There has got to be someone on your staff that can take over, spread them out and try to win a few. I atually like Ray but our OC is pitifull...

This is a young offense learning a new system with a small offensive line, you can't expect miracles to happen. They played a good NW State team close on the road when everybody was expecting Lamar to get blown out. Kueck is not the problem, they need time to develop.

Coach I thought you were close to the program, evidently not....Ray has been on Kuecks ass all week. Trying to make him throw it down the field. This whole boards bitching is about offense and scheme. that comes down to Kueck,,,even the other coaches do not like him or his offense.

Competitive game against a decent team. The first half was dominated by NWSU, but we hung tough. We lost, but Sims ran hard. And for those who said he is not doing anything, this kid has some explosion. This loss seems not as tough as last weeks. I think we lost to a team that was better, but we hung tough. Last week we should have won. I can deal with tonites game because we played hard. I want to win, but we played against NWSU. Keep up the progress LU.

Guest eagle eye

I'm watching the game right now on Fox 4. What I see is a really nice effort by the defense. They need to be given credit. They have been on the field a lot but they did force some turnovers and scored a TD off one of them. They have been laying the lumber on the Demons tonight.

The running game has had it's moments tonight. It's nice to report a DePauldrick Garrett sighting. A nice run or two.

Is it me or is Kevin Johnson a little disinterested?

I really like #3 as a receiver. He's got sure hands and can catch the ball in a crowd. Barry Ford is a player.

Caleb Berry is just not good. I don't see any pocket awareness and he doesn't get rid of the ball to avoid sacks. His passing accuracy is not what you'd expect from college level passing. The two best passes he threw went for TDs. Berry fumbles at the five? C'mon, Man! I was glad Mossekowski got his shot to play the whole game and now Berry gets his chance. Now the question remains, who do you play the rest of the way? I vote for Mossekowski. I think if he had the time Berry had for much of the game tonight he would have done a better job. (Speak of the devil, Berry just threw a pick giving the ball to the Demons at the Lamar 22)

Special team didn't give up anything. In other words they were MUCH better tonight. (Again, speak of the devil. The Cards just thwarted a fake field goal and took over at their own 17. In four plays that defense/special teams just gave up 4 yards. AWESOME JOB D!!!)

I peaked and I know that Lamar lost late 30-23 but the effort on defense was really nice. The O-line was better. We got positive yards on the ground and if we had a quarterback with some pocket awareness and who could actually hit what he's throwing at Lamar would have won this game.

Red Stars to:

WR Barry Ford

RB Herschal Sims

LU defense

> esp James Washington, Joe Okefor, Jermaine Longino, Tyrus McGlothen

The killing blow late was another sack Berry should have avoided and a fumble giving the Demons the ball at the Lamar 3. TD on the first play. That, as they say is the final nail in the coffin for Lamar tonight. I have a feeling Mossekowski will be back under center next week. All in all I'm not as mad as I was last week. Lamar did a much better job especially the defense and special teams. Heck, even when the ST screwed up they turned a fumbled punt snap into a first down.

I have to agree with everyone about the offense. They are not executing worth a darn and a lot of that has to do with Berry's performance tonight.

(Spoke too soon. ST just gave up a long punt return to NWST giving the Demons a first at the Lamar 13. I already know this is FG so again, kudos to the defense who played their asses off tonight. How can you say that knowing they gave up 30? If you watched the game you'd know what I mean.)

Mossokowski threw 4 int last week...just saying

Post game....Ray says offense must improve, then says wiseass remark about Berry? Don't single one offensive player out, when the whole offense is sucking. Berry oughta give him the finger.

I overstated earlier, I think Johnson tries about every 6 plays at most. Ray, why don't ya call him a slacker.

Eagle, you are such a mossakowski homer it isn't even funny!! Have you watched any games this year? I though Berry was light years ahead if what I've seen from moss. One of the reasons the offensive line looked so much better was because berry had the guts to actually stay in the pocket and makes the throw knowing he was going ti get hit. And, there were very few poor throws by him...regardless of what your incessant babbling states. Unfortunately, he did turn it over tootoo many times. But at least it was onlty 3 and not 4 like moss. I thougth our run defense was pretty good. Our passing defense stunk but we for lucky because of dropped passes. Anyway, I was very pleased with Berry and hope he gets the next start. Oh, I do agree about johnson. The guy needs to be on the pine. Appears to have a piss poor attitude.

I think this shows we've improved. Question is, does Berry continue to start?

I hope so. He seems to be a better leader, better in the pocket, not afraid to take a hit and willing to throw it down the field on occasion. His first fumble was huge and his only pick was at a horrible time but he definitely looked like an upgrade to me.

He wants to look good losing!! He punishes Johnson by not starting him for being late to meeting on game day. Sounds like he is really on board. There is more going on than meets the eye, and all this losing will bring out the dissenters. Just wait and see and please quit calling names as it is elementary!! lol

Guest bossman73

I saw the game in person my Grades O-LINE B+

QB B-

WR F

RB B

D-LINE A+

LB B

SD C

special teams F

AND LAST THE REF'S YOU GUY'S STINK,SUCKKKKKK GO BAD TO REFIN GIRL FOOTBALL YOU TELL OUR TEAM TO HOLD UP THEN SAY GO AND 2 SECONDS LATER GIVE US A DELAY OF GAME!!!!! ON WORD FOR YOU HEAD REF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! hope coach woodard turns you in DUMBASS!!!

Guest eagle eye

Mossokowski threw 4 int last week...just saying

Post game....Ray says offense must improve, then says wiseass remark about Berry? Don't single one offensive player out, when the whole offense is sucking. Berry oughta give him the finger.

I overstated earlier, I think Johnson tries about every 6 plays at most. Ray, why don't ya call him a slacker.

I know that Moss was pretty bad last week. I said so last week but Berry has no internal clock. He doesn't move in the pocket well and his accuracy throwing the ball leaves a lot to be desired. If Moss had the time last week Berry got last night he might not have tossed 4 INTs. It's really hard to tell from one game to the next. I get that Woodard is looking for a starting QB but alternating series or alternating starts gives no continuity for the offense or the QB. Ray, make a decision and stick with it for the rest of the season.

I saw the game in person my Grades O-LINE B+

QB B-

WR F

RB B

D-LINE A+

LB B

SD C

special teams F

AND LAST THE REF'S YOU GUY'S STINK,SUCKKKKKK GO BAD TO REFIN GIRL FOOTBALL YOU TELL OUR TEAM TO HOLD UP THEN SAY GO AND 2 SECONDS LATER GIVE US A DELAY OF GAME!!!!! ON WORD FOR YOU HEAD REF BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! hope coach woodard turns you in DUMBASS!!!

Here's how I graded the game;

> O-line - B

> QB - D+

> RB - B

> Defense Overall - A

D-line - A

LBs - A-

DBs - B

> Special Teams - C (this was mostly on the strength of the long punt return they gave up late and the missed extra point at the end of the game. They did have a fumbled snap on a punt but the punter got a first down off of it. I like the strategy on the kickoffs (squibbing, pooch kicks, etc) and the punter did a good job. ST didn't hurt us as in previous games.)

I totally agree with bossman73 about the refs. Really pitiful. So that's where the NFL replacement refs went!

The O-line looked better last night. As far as who should be QB, I don't see much difference in the two. Berry threw some decent deep balls, but touch on the shorter stuff seemed off every now and then. Moss seems like the opposite to me. Good touch on the short patterns and not so accurate going deep. As far as mobility, I see no difference whatsoever. Moss seems to scramble pretty good IMO. Berry did have some turnovers and sacks at critical times, but that could be attributed to no playing time. I just hope Coach Woodard picks one and sticks with him. Reps is the key. I also think he had better blocking last night than Moss has had at any time this year. Sims will keep getting better with time, too. He had some good runs at critical times last night. And I agree that the defense played their butts off last night. It was the most enjoyable game to watch so far this season, even if it was a loss.

I'm getting frustrated with the mental mistakes. Kevin Johnson was open on a slant and could have had a TD but never looked up as the ball was thrown right to him. LU had the same illegal formation penalty within 3 or 4 plays of one another that cost them a first down and forced and punt. The freshman Darell Harris came in for one play and promptly fumbled the ball away. I think that's why we saw Garrett back in at RB.

The o-line was better last night. They went with a bigger lineup as Wempa started at RG instead of Robertson. But even last year with the bigger guys on the o-line the QBs were always getting pressured. Berry finished the year as the starter because of all the injuries to the QBs, including his broken leg.

This one stat is simple amazing: they've fumbled 18 times and lost 9 of them, along with 7 INTs. They've only played 6 games! Stop the mistakes and they might actually win a few games.