Lamar Basketball Scholarship Table

coachacola

The chart shows that 3 players need to transfer but he doesn't speculate on who they may be. It's been rumored that Rhon Mitchell may be transferring. Since Hancock, Minton, and Blanks contributed the least last year I'll go out on a limb and say the transfers will come from the group.

Really nice work on the table.I might ad that the Southland Conference just released a bit late the conference schedule which disadvantaged our leagues teams in finishing out their schedules.This will delay the final schedule release by some teams in our league.

I'm very impressed with what Coach Price has been able to do given the circumstances. I'm actually starting to get a bit of optimism back, which is astounding given the depths to which we've fallen. The fact we actually got a true freshman point guard considered to be in the national top 50-60 of his position (Bailey) is a really good pickup.

I am worried about the sheer number of transfers out. Even if everybody on the team is doing well academically, we risk taking an APR hit if the three guys who are going to transfer out don't end up going to four-year schools (assuming I've read the cryptic APR rules correctly... which I might not have).

We shouldn't take a "transfer" hit on Nimrod, and if in fact Mitchell is one of the three leaving, I think he'll probably get another four-year school offer. But I'm not sure about the other two... if they leave and go JuCo/lower division, I think we take an APR hit. And we really need a year or two of good scores to eradicate the really bad end-of-Roc years where we had a lot of guys have academic issues.

If Baller is correct that the extra "leaving" players are seniors-to-be, then we might lose more talented guys like Ross and Holliday. That's bad from a competitiveness standpoint next year, but those guys would also be more likely to get a bona fide offer from a four-year school (if they didn't, why would they leave?). In the next 1-2 years, we need to get our APR scores up. A one-year hit is not that big a deal: we weren't going to be competing for a championship next year no matter how well Tic recruits. But we need to make *damn* sure we aren't looking at a 2015-2016 season with no hope of post-season play or with a loss of scholarships--we really need to get fans back in the stands, and that's tough if the general public knows there's no chance of getting a post-season berth.

I counted eight players transferring from Central Arkansas.That is the most I saw.

Not sure if its been updated or if you missed them which would be very easy with the way that list is formatted but I counted 11 UCA transfers. Went and took a look at their 2013-2014 roster which consisted of 15 players, 3 being seniors...that leaves on 1 returning player...that would be F Ethan Lee who averaged 4.3 p/g and 2.6 r/g in 16 m/g as a true freshman

Good update and upon further review 11 Central Arkansas players are now on that transfer list.That has to be some kind of record .I guess the relatively new coaching staff and Corliss Big Nasty Williamson's returning players weren't a good fit.

Good update and upon further review 11 Central Arkansas players are now on that transfer list.That has to be some kind of record .I guess the relatively new coaching staff and Corliss Big Nasty Williamson's returning players weren't a good fit.

Plus it looks like they will be on APR probation along with us and HBU

Looks like there will still be two transfers. I am guessing that either one or maybe both Minton or Blanks will be transferring. They are the only two besides Hancock that make any sense. I don't see Sebastian leaving.

Avi Zaleon in his April 16 APR posting comments on Hilliard being a junior and not having two years eligibility usually effecting transferring seems to be off Players typically have five years to complete four years of competition.Rarely and usually for medical or mission reasons an athlete may get six years to complete four years of eligibility.I do know of a player in this conference who played three years at one school,transferred,sat a year and then played his senior year .Hilliard could have transferred with a release under normal circumstances,sat a year and played a year.Now without a release in some cases you may have to sit two years but that rarely happens.Also sometimes for exceptional circumstances the NCAA doesn't require an athlete to sit out a year.Avi has done a nice job on the chart and updating it .

Avi Zaleon in his April 16 APR posting comments on Hilliard being a junior and not having two years eligibility usually effecting transferring seems to be off Players typically have five years to complete four years of competition.Rarely and usually for medical or mission reasons an athlete may get six years to complete four years of eligibility.I do know of a player in this conference who played three years at one school,transferred,sat a year and then played his senior year .Hilliard could have transferred with a release under normal circumstances,sat a year and played a year.Now without a release in some cases you may have to sit two years but that rarely happens.Also sometimes for exceptional circumstances the NCAA doesn't require an athlete to sit out a year.Avi has done a nice job on the chart and updating it .

He played at South Dakota State, Jacksonville College, and Lamar. He was a junior at Lamar for the 2013-2014 season.

I count 3 years played and 1 year of eligibility remaining at NCCU.

Games Played

18 games at SDSU

31 games at Jacksonville College

30 games at Lamar

Looks like 3 full seasons played.

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk2

Lamar APR trouble and transfers by Avi Zaleon notes "Hilliard,a junior guard would normally not be able to transfer because heading to another Division 1 program(from Lamar ) would mean sitting out a year before becoming eligible to play. And as a junior,he wouldn't have the necessary two years eligibility left." As I noted earlier he is a junior whose eligibility clock started three years ago so he would usually have two years to complete one year of eligibility. It seems Zaleon miswrote or misunderstood some transfer rules as "the necessary two years eligibility left" part doesn't square with this scenario with or without APR issues .Thanks to LUSportsFan for the previous playing history.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Donnell Minton will be transferring along with Keilan Blanks. If true then Lamar is down to the maximum 13 scholarship players for next year, plus Bosha who is on an academic scholarship.

[table=width: 500, class: grid]

[tr]

[td][/td]

[td]Seniors[/td]

[td]Juniors[/td]

[td]Sophomores[/td]

[td]Freshmen[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PG[/td]

[td][/td]

[td]BenQuan Petty, Quan Jones[/td]