Southern 27

Final

Colo. State-Pueblo 47

SHSU 21

Final

SELA 20

Tulane 35

Final

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/scoreboard?confId=30&seasonYear=2014&seasonType=2&weekNumber=3

CS won't be showing his face around here for a couple of days I'm afraid... Lol But ouch.... The SLC is supposed to be the best conference in the FCS and to have two teams lose to DII schools and one of those teams be one of the top teams in the league... Not good for national attention.

CSU-Pueblo is a top 5 D2 team but SHSU still should have won this one. Nicholls loss to Henderson State cost their coach his job, he quit today. Abilene Christian beat Sun Belt opponent Troy, and they almost beat Georgia State earlier this year, also a Sun Belt team. They may end up being one of the better teams in the SLC this year.

I agree that ACU is by far the biggest Southland story so far this year. Beating one FBS team (and really, they should have beaten two) in their first season is very impressive indeed. They'll be a tough, tough challenge for LU on the road this year.

With respect to Sam, their performance was horrendous regardless of the ranking of CSU-Pueblo. That's still a D-2 team. Coming into this season, I felt that beating Sam (even at home) was going to be a real challenge, but beating ACU--even on the road--was still an expectation given their newcomer status. At this point, I'd be impressed with a road win over ACU--but expect us to beat Sam at home, and, frankly, we should do so rather easily if we are any good at all. The game wasn't even as close as the final lopsided score--CSU-P was up 34-0 and 41-7 before Sam got a few garbage scores at the end.

I still think McNeese and Southeastern--barring injuries--will only lose one (conference) game between the two of them--the loser of their matchup on November 15th.

CS won't be showing his face around here for a couple of days I'm afraid... Lol But ouch.... The SLC is supposed to be the best conference in the FCS and to have two teams lose to DII schools and one of those teams be one of the top teams in the league... Not good for national attention.

While I think the SLC is a really good FCS conference, the Missouri Valley is BY FAR the best FCS conference at the moment. According to Massey Ratings they have #'s 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 12, 18, 27, & 33...the SLC has #'s 10, 15, 16, 19, 52, 63, 64, 65, 83, 110, & 121.

I just looked, the lowest rated Missouri Valley team is South Dakota at 42. Still pretty impressive for the entire conference.

That is using the composite rankings which average several different polls...one being the Massey Ratings...but if we go off that they are #'s 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 13, 16, 30, 39 & 40. The SLC stands at #'s 9, 10, 31, 32, 50, 52, 67, 72, 109, 112, & 119