My thoughts...

KABrother88

1.) Woodard's time is done. I believed he could save his job by beating SHSU, UCA, SELA, or MSU but after watching that game a.) I don't think we'll beat any of them and b.) it would probably take beating 2 of the 3 to save him. The team quitting in the 4th is in Woodard. Continuing to let Kueck do what he does is on Woodard. Continuing to let the special team disappoint is in Woodard. That's enough to part ways with Woodard and get someone in that can advance this program.

2.) Kueck called his typical hair pulling game but the offense didn't help. Berry missed several open receivers and then when he did hit them in the hands they tended to be dropped...can't win that way.

3.) Carl Harris needs a ball duct tapped to his hands all week.

4.) What got into Joe Okafor? Best game I've seen him play.

5.) Special Teams...may be here a while. They were better (not good by any means but a little better) this week with Ball being back but why was he not out there for FGs? Davis is not a good kicker...he's fine for XP duty but that should be the only time he sees the field. I watched him kicking next to Sam's kicker warming up before the 2nd half...was embarrassing. Sam's kicker was nailing 50+ yarders and hit the upright in a 59 yarder. Davis tried to keep up but can't make anything consistently over about 35. I also watched Carranco makes some good punts at halftime...most of them inbounds but close to the sidelines. Is he being instructed to kick it out of bounds due to our terrible coverage? That killed us with field position. Always thought it was dumb to allow the referee to call where it goes out of bounds when he's literally the farthest official way from it...but that's the way football has always been so you have to deal with it. Here are the average punts: 26, 27, 35, 28, 42, 25, 41...only punt that stayed in-bounds was the 42 yarder. I watched Carranco in HS and thought Lamar got an absolute steal in the kicking game but he hasn't shown it. Hopefully we can find a gem in one of the Raisin Cane's or Classic Chevy competitions on the field...

1.) Woodard's time is done. I believed he could save his job by beating SHSU, UCA, SELA, or MSU but after watching that game a.) I don't think we'll beat any of them and b.) it would probably take beating 2 of the 3 to save him. The team quitting in the 4th is in Woodard. Continuing to let Kueck do what he does is on Woodard. Continuing to let the special team disappoint is in Woodard. That's enough to part ways with Woodard and get someone in that can advance this program.

2.) Kueck called his typical hair pulling game but the offense didn't help. Berry missed several open receivers and then when he did hit them in the hands they tended to be dropped...can't win that way.

5.) Special Teams...may be here a while. They were better (not good by any means but a little better) this week with Ball being back but why was he not out there for FGs? Davis is not a good kicker...he's fine for XP duty but that should be the only time he sees the field. I watched him kicking next to Sam's kicker warming up before the 2nd half...was embarrassing. Sam's kicker was nailing 50+ yarders and hit the upright in a 59 yarder. Davis tried to keep up but can't make anything consistently over about 35. I also watched Carranco makes some good punts at halftime...most of them inbounds but close to the sidelines. Is he being instructed to kick it out of bounds due to our terrible coverage? That killed us with field position. Always thought it was dumb to allow the referee to call where it goes out of bounds when he's literally the farthest official way from it...but that's the way football has always been so you have to deal with it. Here are the average punts: 26, 27, 35, 28, 42, 25, 41...only punt that stayed in-bounds was the 42 yarder. I watched Carranco in HS and thought Lamar got an absolute steal in the kicking game but he hasn't shown it. Hopefully we can find a gem in one of the Raisin Cane's or Classic Chevy competitions on the field...

I still gotta believe the " offense" is on Rayray. he is so damned determined to be a running team, I think he's got Kuecks hands tied...I just can't believe that any offensive coordinator is that friggin stupid.

I still gotta believe the " offense" is on Rayray. he is so damned determined to be a running team, I think he's got Kuecks hands tied...I just can't believe that any offensive coordinator is that friggin stupid.

He's had a history of questionable playcalling and it's had him run out of town at previous stops. From everything that's been said about his attitude towards the players I think Kueck is that dumb...none the less both of them need to be gone

Kueck was fired as OC at Marshall and their fans were complaining about how predictable his play calling was. Since Woodard is the head coach then it is his fault for bringing Kueck in (from coaching at a high school) and sticking with him. I've also noticed a very laid back attitude from Woodard, as if he's just here to have fun. Like I've said before, I think he wanted this cupcake schedule so he could get an easy 7 wins, tell everyone how the team keeps improving every year, and get a new contract and raise. I think reality is setting in that his bad coaching is going to prevent him from winning even 7 games when this team should win 8+ games.

That was one of the worst games I have ever seen in my whole life. I wanted to leave after about a quarter and a half to be honest. I still cant believe how poorly we played. Truly an embarrassing loss.

While I have lot's more concerns about the state of the program now than I did before the game, many good teams have really bad games at times. Not saying Lamar is a good team but maybe they can prove us naysayers wrong. Example of good teams who have had bad games include from the NFL the Saints and the Patriots this past weekend. College teams A&M played bad but managed to squeak out a win. South Carolina's game against A&M. Florida State's first half against NC State. I am sure others can add teams and games if they wanted to. The question for me is what does LU do this week and the remainder of the year.