Lamar at ACU

OscarWildeCat

Well, boys. This is a big week for both of us. We are both fighting for respectability in the SLC.

Should be an interesting game and the renewal of a rivalry between the two charter members of the Southland. I went to a g ame between the Cards and Cats in Beaumont back in 1966 when I was a freshmen at ACU. It rained. Y'all stomped us. It rained some more. I had a blind date with a local girl arranged by college roommate who was from Houston. She hated football and the rain. Couldn't wait to get out of Beaumont and away from her.

I am hoping for better memories as we renew our rivalry. Oh, and if the ugly girl from Beaumont is your mama, my apologies. Didn't mean to insult your family.

I hope some of you will make it up to Abilene for the game. Come on over to Cat Chat if you want to talk some football with Cat fans. We are a pretty agreeable group.

http://catchat.freeforums.net/

Well, fellas, I thought I might engage y'all in a little good natured trash talk but after reading predictions for the game and reactions to the Sam game last week, I just don't have the heart to pile on. Y'all are doin a fine job of talking trash without any help from outsiders. Carry on. :(

Ok, Oscar..I'll bite. As one of the few here that think we will win...I think we take it by 10 or so. it's hard trash talking bout a college I've never seen, in a town I've never seen. I think we shut down the thug Sims, if your il squirt of a qb doesn't scramble, I think we're in good shape.

Ok, Oscar..I'll bite. As one of the few here that think we will win...I think we take it by 10 or so. it's hard trash talking bout a college I've never seen, in a town I've never seen. I think we shut down the thug Sims, if your il squirt of a qb doesn't scramble, I think we're in good shape.

Town is easy to trash talk. In Austin the T Shirt says "Keep Austin Weird." In Abilene it reads "Keep Abilene Boring."

College campus is nice. Good facilities and landscaping. Stadium, not so much. We play a couple of miles from campus in the local high school stadium (capacity 15k). We should have new on campus stadium ready the next time y'all come to town.

Team. At the D2 level our style was "all offense, all the time." Defense was mostly an after thought. When we decided to move to D1, we committed to building size and depth up front. The OLine is getting there. The D Line is making strides but is still a work in progress.

Hard to compare stats between our two teams. We have not played teams as bad as Texas or Miss College or anyone as good as TAMU. We are 1-1 against two Sun Belt teams (Troy and Ga State), and 0-1 against a (then) ranked FCS team (Lost to Northern Arizona by 6).

Looks to me like this will be a shoot out. Like you, we can put a bunch of points on the board, mostly through the air, but our running game is coming along. Our "squirt" QB is very good outside the pocket. I like our chances of running just enough on y'all to keep your D honest.

Weather should be fine. Wind 15mph (nothing by Abilene standards) and no rain. A fast track will help both of us. O/U for the game is 62. I am going with the over.

Vegas likes ACU by 13.5. I like Vegas.

Think of it as our contribution to the campaign for a new coach in Beaumont.

I'm not gonna trash your town...it ain't Huntsville!

"All offense, all the time"..love it! I prefer the defense optional scheme.

I imagine Rayray is hellbent on stopping Simms. Okafor , while chasing lightning bugs, trips and falls on lil squirt, Puts him out with concussion.

No Simms, no squirt-------- LU by 10

Like my son says, "Abilene Who". GO BIG RED

It's flattering knowing the Kats mean so much to you that you can't even talk smack to another school without bringing them up. ... whereas LU is just another opponent on the schedule for the KATS..... No worries wildcat. ... yall dont have to beat them. .. they'll beat themselves...

ACU 35

LU 17

-Eat'em Up Kats

It's flattering knowing the Kats mean so much to you that you can't even talk smack to another school without bringing them up. ... whereas LU is just another opponent on the schedule for the KATS..... No worries wildcat. ... yall dont have to beat them. .. they'll beat themselves...

ACU 35

LU 17

-Eat'em Up Kats

good Lord man...a frickin stalker...want an autograph?