GIVE RAY SOME CREDIT

CS

I'd be the last person to give undue credit but I will give coach credit for yesterday. Late in the second half yhe team was being outscored 14-0 and trailing 21-10 but never quit fighting. Not only were they battling ACU but the officials as well. Then when the season and possibly Ray Woodards tenure as head football coach hanging in the balance they drive right down the field and convert on the 2-point conversion to pull to within 3 points. Then to go for the win on a 4th and 8 from the 14 and down only 3 was about a ballsy of call you could make. If it had failed Woodard wouldve been crucified BUT IT WORKED! Special teams have been a joke for the entire season and he knows his players limits so obviously he felt better about converting on 4th down in that situation rather than attempting a kick. It worked out so with that for at least this week I say kudos to Coach Woodard and the team for coming home with a W after being nearly two TD underdogs and laying a fat egg last week. They couldve easily laid down after being knocked down by sam houston but they did not.

This win probably means LU wins 7 games this year (with Nicholls, HBU and IWU still on the schedule). Did this win save Woodard's job?

7-5 let's give him a 3 year extension!! Only thing that saves his job in my eyes is a SLC Championship. If they finish 7-5 on he is still there next year, then Lamar will never get rid of him.

7-5 let's give him a 3 year extension!! Only thing that saves his job in my eyes is a SLC Championship. If they finish 7-5 on he is still there next year, then Lamar will never get rid of him.

That's what I'm afraid of. LU is good at beating the teams they are suppose to beat and getting blown out in important games.

I think that we are not to bad when we actually open up our playbook... we suck TERRRIBLY when KUECK goes into prevent offense... you gotta put your foot on the pedal and go... We have a good offense... we need to use it... we are far to conservative for the team we have on the O side... CHUNK that TATER put some points up and make the other teams keep up.

The things that drive me nuts about our offense... we do not go verticle enough to stretch the field... when we do we usually do well. Also why dont we throw to our tight ends more frequently.. .they are under utilized... when they get the ball they usually run folks over...

The things that drive me nuts about our offense... we do not go verticle enough to stretch the field... when we do we usually do well. Also why dont we throw to our tight ends more frequently.. .they are under utilized... when they get the ball they usually run folks over...

gotta agree with that...we run some boring routes..id like more stuff off the sidelines..we hardly every throw anywhere but the sidelines...slants, posts , crossing patterns..some of those "pick" plays...more 10-20 yarders...id like it to look like a Chinese fire drill when our rec are going out..run em all over!