N/A

PF:

N/A

C:

N/A

Verbal Commits

ESPN

Edited by KABrother88

Been meaning to put it together for a while but kept forgetting. Think the position breakdown makes it appear better than the way I've done the football board but with so many football positions and not knowing what position some guys are being recruited at in football makes it a little messy to do it that way I think.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Atwood's motor & length could translate into being a bigtime SG in the SLC. I love his energy - it's contagious.

If all goes to plan, Tic will have 4 local players on the roster one year from now. It's never been like this in my lifetime. Now let's win some games!

It is always wise to grab the local talent, because not will it help your team, but it also helps put people in the stands because I have never seen a local kid not have his family and friends want to come and check him out!!!!!

Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!

sportsman

• 1 month later...

Ricky Nelson is a 2017 prospect (PG from Houston Episcopal) who was recently featured on SMU's scout site. This is an excerpt from the article:

Episcopal high school’s Ricky Doc Nelson may only have three offers right now, but he is getting a lot of attention from schools as he enters his junior season.

Right now, Lamar, UTA and Texas A&M Corpus Christi have pulled the trigger while Texas, Kansas St. Vanderbilt Memphis, Nebraska, and Louisiana Tech watch the 2017 point guard closely.

With offers from different part of the country, Nelson says location isn’t playing a huge factor into any developing feelings for any program.

“Whatever school fits me best is the school that I will attend,” he says. Still, he can’t help but mention the upside to Lamar’s offer. “Lamar is in Beaumont Texas,” Nelson says. “That’s where my family is from. I really like the coaching staff and was one of the first schools to come visit me. They really showed a lot of interest in me.”

• 1 month later...

A while back there was discussion about former Nederland Forward Colton Weisbrod committing to Lamar after he transferred to Lamar-PA from New Orleans. Weisbrod posted on Twitter that he will officially sign with Lamar next week.

For those of you that don't remember/know he wanted to transfer straight to Lamar from New Orleans but would have to sit for 2 years since it was an in-conference transfer. Instead he transferred to Lamar-PA for this year and will now transfer to Lamar after this season. He was a guy that should have been offered by Lamar out of high school but the Pat Knight Experience thought otherwise. Think this kid will do big things for Lamar.

• 4 months later...

Lamar has extended an offer to LSC-PA PF Christian Albright. Originally signed with Abilene Christian before transferring to LSC-PA. At ACU he averaged 4.2 PPG and 3.3 RPG as a RFr in 14-15 before being dismissed for a violation of team rules. Last season at LSC-PA he averaged 7.6 PPG and 5.3 RPG. Based off of his tweet he may be committing soon.

[tweet]717893137243320322[/tweet]

Lamar has extended an offer to LSC-PA PF Christian Albright. Originally signed with Abilene Christian before transferring to LSC-PA. At ACU he averaged 4.2 PPG and 3.3 RPG as a RFr in 14-15 before being dismissed for a violation of team rules. Last season at LSC-PA he averaged 7.6 PPG and 5.3 RPG. Based off of his tweet he may be committing soon.

[tweet]717893137243320322[/tweet]

Albright pulled the trigger and committed today.

[tweet]718547261278433280[/tweet]

Colton Weisbrod has been named 1st team All-American after averaging 21.4 points (14th in the country) and 10.8 rebounds (12th in the country) per game. Also only 1 of 2 players in the country to average 20 & 10 this season.

He sounds like a difference maker!