Updated Roster

KABrother88

Other than a few players not yet listed (walk-ons and transfers), here are things that stood out to me

QB:

• Stedman Bell does not have a number or picture. Something to it?

RB:

• Justin Edwards added and listed at 5'10" 250 lbs

• Mike Handy now listed there

WR:

• Tariq Gordon changed from WR/DB to WR. Has said he's playing DB though.

• Only 9 guys listed

TE:

• DC Arceneaux signed as a LB now listed as a TE.

OL:

• Treadway's weight is down presumably due to his off season surgery affecting his weight training.

• Dante Catteano listed with picture but no height & weight.

• Joseph Gonzales listed at 320.

• Overall size of the OL is steadily increasing. Of the 11 I could see playing counting the Freshman they average 6'4" 298 lbs not counting Catteano.

• Projected starters go 6'4" 290 (Elenz), 6'3" 300 (Craven), 6'1" 290 (Oubre), 6'3" 280 (Treadway), 6'5" 315 (Brock)

DL:

• Tebo now listed at 330 lbs

• David Dorsett listed as 240 on signing day and now listed as 270

• TVCC transfer Manasseh Miles added. Had 9.5 sacks last year - Hudl

http://lamarcardinals.com/roster.aspx?path=football&mobile=skip

Roster for tomorrow's scrimmage can be found here

http://lamarcardinals.com/documents/2015/8/14//2015_Scrimmage1_roster.pdf

Names I expected to be there that are:

WR Trenton Swinton

WR Alvin Phillips

TE Sam McGee

DL Larry Carroll

K/P Hunter James

Luis Lopez not but he isn't supposed to be done at TVCC until today.

Noticed Zae Giles is listed on Offense.

LG John Craven not listed but I saw he has a knee brace on and not participating in practice the other day. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

New additions I haven't seen:

Charles McKenzie

RB/WR - Emmanuel Ateyobi - Hudl

WR - Izaha Barnes - Hudl

OL - Joshua Pershon - Hudl

DL - William Wowkanyn - Hudl

Edited by KABrother88

Incoming Freshman DE David Dorsett is no longer a part of the team. We only signed 2 HS DL this past cycle and neither one of them are currently part of the team. Also signed a JC guy who never made it to campus. We did add a few JC guys late but I think DL needs a major priority in recruiting this cycle

Incoming Freshman DE David Dorsett is no longer a part of the team. We only signed 2 HS DL this past cycle and neither one of them are currently part of the team. Also signed a JC guy who never made it to campus. We did add a few JC guys late but I think DL needs a major priority in recruiting this cycle

What happened to Dorsett?

What happened to Dorsett?

Was just told he "withdrew". Apparently he was here for the beginning of camp because he was originally on the updated roster with a picture and measurables. Not sure of the circumstances around it.

His last tweet read "Family over all else!" Not sure if there was an issue that forced him to go home or if I read too much into that.

Luis Lopez isn't on the roster yet and there's already 8 running backs listed. I'm guessing a few are walkons and some freshmen will be redshirted.

Was told Lopez isn't quite finished at TVCC but he is expected to report "ASAP"...earlier, was told he was to be done on the 14th. With school starting on Monday it makes you wonder if this might end up being a similar situation as with NT Josh Frost were he signed in 2013 but ended up using his RS while finishing classes in JC and showed up for the 2014 season.

Of the 8 listed it probably looks like this:

Carl Harris (Sr) - Will play a lot

Mike Handy (Jr) - Will play a lot and play some WR

Kade Harrington (Jr) - Unquestioned starter

Emmitt Raleigh (Jr) - Will play sparingly if he's healthy

Emmanuel Atoyebi (Fr) - Likely a RS unless he shows to be valuable in Special Teams

Justin Edwards (Fr) - Could potentially play as a lead blocker and on Special Teams

Keegan Mitchell (Fr) - Initially thought size would cause him to RS but it seems like he's caught the staff's eye

Derrion Randle (Fr) - Assumed he would play if he was healthy. A RS wouldn't be the worst thing with so much depth and him coming off an ACL.

Also noticed Cody Dupuy who walked on last year an saw some action in mop-up duty is no longer listed on the roster. Was listed on the scrimmage roster last week though.

• 2 weeks later...
The roster continues to move around. Steadman Bell no longer listed, and a new name has been added, William McVay. I think that there was someone else who was recently listed at #32 abd #33 that is no longer on the roster. Maybe KABrother can do a little checking to see what is going on.

William McVay is new. Here's his hudl account:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1390030/william-mcvay-iii

I was told Bell would not be reporting until school started. Guessing the with emergence of McKenzie as a #3 guy he decided to not play.

McVay was a guy who was part of the team during the spring at DB and I guess has earned a spot.

Not sure if I recall seeing a #32 and #33 on the roster before the latest update. Going back and looking at the prospectus, #32 was Anthony Beard and #33 was Cody Dupuy who have both left the team.

New #33 Emmanuel Atoyebi has been listed for a while just without a number.

WR Izaha Barnes had been listed with a number but is now listed without one.

K/P Hunter James also given his number. Hoping Carranco and more Ball stay healthy so we have a shot at RSing James.

Joshua Persohn was also added the other day as well after being listed in the fall scrimmage roster. He is also bigger (listed at least) than I expected him to be. His HS Hudl was listed at 6'3" 235 while the Lamar roster has him at 6'2" 270.

Also noticed that Cameron Hampton was still listed even though I was told be a pretty good source he was academically ineligible. Maybe he will try to get his act together and be ready for 2016...although that would mean he sat out for 2 years straight since he RS'ed at Texas in 2014