Veteran Group of LBs Return for 2015

coachacola

Fast forward one year, and the second-year linebackers coach is talking about a wealth of returning starters, as well as the younger guys looking to make a name for themselves. After having to replace all four starters last season, the Cardinals enter 2015 returning three of their four starters, including the team's leading tackler in Jones.

"This year we have starters back like Ronnie, Mike Hargis and Logan Moss," said Criner. "Ronnie was our best inside linebacker last year and he has come back quicker and stronger this year. Logan has always been a talented player but he is playing his outside linebacker position about as good as anyone I've seen. He has improved so much since last season. Mike is a versatile kid who can play either inside or outside.

"Our progress throughout camp has been real good. We've had the ability to rotate our starting group with our backups because we're trying to progress some of our younger guys. I want those young guys to get some action during the season because I think they're good enough athletically. Now, that takes away some time from our veteran guys but I wouldn't take those reps away if I didn't think they could handle it. We're to the point now where the older guys are actually helping coach those younger players," added Criner.

http://lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/8/19/FB_0819154421.aspx