FCS Coaches Poll - not much respect for LU

coachacola

New poll has SHSU at 14, NcNeese at 17, SLU at 19, and LU only receiving 7 votes!

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Still not there, but a little more respect with the STATS FCS poll. The Cardinals have been receiving votes every week. I think the team jumped from 7 votes to 12 votes following the Baylor game. This week the Cards received 257 votes or #3 in the list of "Receiving Votes".

Below are the rankings for the SLC teams.

SHSU is #12

SLU is #23

McNeese is #25

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/polls.asp?div=fcs

New poll has SHSU at 14, NcNeese at 17, SLU at 19, and LU only receiving 5 votes!

FIFY

What a load of crap...if they're going to say we don't get in the top 25 with a win like that, then it should be equally as bad for SHSU to have lost. They shouldn't be in the top 25.

I usually don't put much stock in the coaches polls. Many of these votes are done by a graduate asst. or trainer since most head coaches don't take or have time. Also they tend to inflate teams in their conference and definitely on their schedule to help their SOS.

Example: what would the New Hampshire coach know about up & coming SLC teams?

You have to understand that the polls are what they call eye candy. It's just for looks. The Cardinals took care of business on the field and it can not be denied that they beat Sam Houston. If the Cards take care of business against SELA then they will gain more respect. The polls don't play the game, the men do. At the end of the season they can not deny the wins. Show them what you are made of Cards.

New poll has SHSU at 14, NcNeese at 17, SLU at 19, and LU only receiving 7 votes!

I know "it doesn't matter". And voters probably don't put much thought into it but it is still a load of crap. We go on the road and beat what is supposed to be the #3 team in the country and we don't get put in the top 25??!!! Talk about no respect. I hope out guys do use it as a little extra motivation!

Guest austinred

I agree that there probably is not much time or effort put into the FCS coaches poll picks. Also, it is hard to tell if a FCS team is any good after three games. After 3 games, a FCS school usually has a win over a sub-D1 school; a loss to a FBS school; and one conference game.

I looked at the Southeastern LA schedule to see what kind of team they have. They have a win over NW LA, who was 6 - 6 in conference last year (good win); an 11 point win over Florida Tech - a DII School in their 3rd year of existence (bad win); and a lost to Ohio Univ, a lower tier FBS school (probably bad loss losing to lower level FBS by 21). Are they any good? Who the hell knows.

This week's STATS FCS poll came out with Lamar moving from 3rd on the list of "Others Receiving Votes" with 257 to 1st with 268. We are still well behind 25th in the poll who received 544.

SHSU held steady at #12 while SELA jumped 1 from 23 to 22 and McNeese jumped 2 from 25 to 23.

In the Coaches Poll last week we only received 5 votes and that is up to 12 this week...puts us 4th in the "ORV". SHSU comes in at #14 with McNeese at #15 and SELA at #19.

Edited by KABrother88