** UCA at LU Game Thread **

coachacola

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I don't know what the status of Earp is. He wasn't even warming up pregame last week...not there tonight to even see if he's on the sidelines...gotta think he's got something wrong that hasn't been announced. I try not to question coaching but I just don't understand riding a guy that's not getting it done...although as I sit here listening to the game I'm watching A&M ride their QB who has completed like 1 of his last 20 passes...

Earp has an injured throwing shoulder. Came from an inside source.

When he got hurt against SELA they called it a "bruised shoulder" and Coach Woodard said there was no structural damage...then just prior to the next game they said the shoulder soreness got worse as the week went on...that's the last that I've seen announced...but like I said I'm assuming it's more serious than has been we've seen reported. But as I said after last week...let us see what the freshman Cox has...

Sat through an entire game in the Rain, Cards didn't look good at all. UCA starting RB didn't play tonight. Backup gave us fits tonight. Tackling is a major problem for LU. Very poor performance for 2nd week in a row. Come on Big Red!!!

I did too. Tackling was bad but the defensive line and linebackers got totally dominated. We looked completely unprepared to play. We played with no intensity whatsoever. We have the best running back in the country yet we cannot muster up enough offensive creativity to give him any help at all. Our receivers cannot get open, our qb can't throw, and our defense can't stop the run or the pass. But our db's are all American trash talkers. All I can say is thank god we have harrington. Even with all the horrible play and horrible coaching going on, he's worth the price of admission. Kid can flat out play.

What can you say about this team in it's present shape. Something is wrong from every aspect. Looks like we have no desire to compete and are not prepared. We got manhandled at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Defensive scheme was just plain stupid - they did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Interior D-line got mauled, linebackers made tackles, about 5 to 10 yards down the field. We need a real defensive coordinator - we play high school defense and it shows.

What can you say about this team in it's present shape. Something is wrong from every aspect. Looks like we have no desire to compete and are not prepared. We got manhandled at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Defensive scheme was just plain stupid - they did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Interior D-line got mauled, linebackers made tackles, about 5 to 10 yards down the field. We need a real defensive coordinator - we play high school defense and it shows.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I couldn't agree more. Half the time our defense looks like they have no idea what is going on!! They ran 86 plays to our 55!!!! Granted, part of that was the interceptions but the biggest culprit was our defense!!! We could NOT stop them!! Veasley, Veasley, Veasley, Veasley!!!!!!!