Gentlemen, I believe that we have a problem

Dracula

https://www.burntorangenation.com/recruiting/2019/1/15/18184281/toneil-carter-announces-transfer-sam-houston-state-texas-longhorns-running-back

Former Texas RB Toneil Carter announces transfer to Sam Houston State

The former four-star talent has found his next home after announcing a transfer from Texas one month ago.

Carter will have three years of eligibility remaining and he’ll be eligible to play immediately.

Damn.

I’ll withhold judgment until I see him play. For every big recruit that transfers down and goes nuts, there are just as many that either flop or are marginal contributors. Although I still laugh when SHSU gets a transfer from an FBS school. When Lamar restarted their program, they used to throw so much criticism around calling Lamar “Transfer U”. Yet arguably their 2 best players during their run have been transfers in Tim Flanders and Jeremiah Briscoe.

One thing I’ve noticed in my time following recruiting is that many players rankings are lofted by who they are committed to. In the end all these recruiting sites are in the business to sell subscriptions to their paid websites. The more buzz you can generate around a program, the more subs you’re going to sell.

As far as Carter goes I remember his recruitment because he was committed to Georgia for a good while then he was told by the coaching staff that they could not honor his scholarship due to both Nick Chubb and Sony Michel deciding to stay for their senior seasons. Carter then committed to Texas where he had some ball security issues in 2017 then didn’t see the field this season. As I said initially I’ll withhold judgement until I see him play though.

Edited by KABrother88