What is this and how does it benefit Lamar athletics?

Dracula

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2019/2/14/womens-basketball-lu-athletics-partners-with-peak-sports-mgmt.aspx?path=baseball

Peak Sports MGMT is a sponsorship/advertising and event management firm out of Frisco, Texas. Peak Sports currently handles the properties for eight NCAA Division I institutions

Can someone explain this in English?

"We have always had Lamar University circled as a place that we want to work," said Peak Sports MGMT President Ryan Holloway.Cardinal leadership under Marco Born has Lamar headed in the right direction. We can't wait to get to work and indulge ourselves in the spirit and culture of the Golden Triangle of Texas!"

That guy blows more smoke than a tire fire, in a high wind.

I wonder how much this is going to cost LU or does the company take a cut of the sponsorships?

https://lamarcardinals.com/news/2019/2/14/womens-basketball-lu-athletics-partners-with-peak-sports-mgmt.aspx?path=baseball

Peak Sports MGMT is a sponsorship/advertising and event management firm out of Frisco, Texas. Peak Sports currently handles the properties for eight NCAA Division I institutions

Can someone explain this in English?

"We have always had Lamar University circled as a place that we want to work," said Peak Sports MGMT President Ryan Holloway.Cardinal leadership under Marco Born has Lamar headed in the right direction. We can't wait to get to work and indulge ourselves in the spirit and culture of the Golden Triangle of Texas!"

That guy blows more smoke than a tire fire, in a high wind.

I wonder how much this is going to cost LU or does the company take a cut of the sponsorships?

sounds good to me...if they can bring in more bucks and help with the piss poor advertising, its worth it

attendance has been piss poor, and sounds like they are trying to address the issue

When I was reading the article, I had flashes of Ford Park and how well that events management co. is working out and how much that thing continues to cost Jeff County. We'll see.

From what I understand about Ford Park’s management company is that the contract was worded so that Jefferson County was to pay a fixed number every month for the management and marketing which includes bringing events to Ford Park such as concerts. This is not how it’s done at other places where they go off a commission based payment. So why would you try to market Ford Park when you can market in Houston, get more butts in seats and in turn make a bigger profit while also getting a guarantee from Jefferson County to manage an empty venue?

I see this as a “win / win” type deal. I am all for getting some experts involved in the athletic department promotion. Hope this also targets the Cardinal Club and gets an influx of additional members and fundraising. I would like an overhaul of the Cardinal Club and it’s promotions.