Spring Football Scrimmage

Skinny1

Lamar will play their Spring Football Scrimmage tomorrow at 10am. Prior to the game the athletic department is having a yard sale that includes new and used items for sale to the fans. Don’t know what is being sold, but could be an opportunity to buy game jerseys, hats, ??? Sale starts at 9am.

Man the secondary looks pretty bad as was expected since we lost basically everyone. Looks like we'll have to outscore everyone this year. Otherwise we look good in all other areas. Marcellus Johnson looks real athletic but kinda raw at receiver. He's every bit of his listed 6'3" and has some speed and hops.

Just reading the article on the Cardinals web site and the comment here, I'm not as concerned about the secondary as I probably should be. Some what guessing but realistically the secondary just had these spring practices to come together. On the offense you have Hoy, a mostly returning O-line and receivers that worked with Hoy last year. Also I would expet the receivers and quarterbacks have been running routes etc. for quite a bit of the off season.

I like the idea of Johnson moving to WR.The question is was it the secondary or is the offense that explosive?

I find it hard to draw any real indications from a scrimmage. Coaches are looking at individual performance and not team dynamics. The QB arms and accuracy looked really good.