Coach Woodard takes HS job

lamarfan360

Now seeing where Woodard had already moved back to Corrigan and promised his mom and wife they would not move again so if he got back into coaching it would be at a school within driving distance.

As far as the Barry Switzer, here is an article from the Austin-American Statesman that touches on it.

https://www.statesman.com/article/20120901/SPORTS/309017055

Basically says around 2004, then Lamar AD Billy Tubbs told Switzer the job was his once funding was in place. But by the time all that finally happened, Switzer told Tubbs that he no longer had the energy to build a startup program. For those that didn’t pick up the connection, Tubbs and Switzer crossed paths for 8 years at Oklahoma while coaching basketball and football respectively

Had Tubbs gotten what he wanted Lamar would be in a FBS conference as well, but there's no guarantee that a big name coach would have delivered a quicker success. UTSA brought in Coker, former Miami National Champion coach and he didn't last as long as Woodard. As for Woodard he probably got LU as far as he was going to and now hopefully he is in a spot where he can enjoy coaching and not have the pressure of all of us that want bigger results at LU. Art Briles former Baylor coach is back in high school coaching also.

Had Tubbs gotten what he wanted Lamar would be in a FBS conference as well, but there's no guarantee that a big name coach would have delivered a quicker success. UTSA brought in Coker, former Miami National Champion coach and he didn't last as long as Woodard. As for Woodard he probably got LU as far as he was going to and now hopefully he is in a spot where he can enjoy coaching and not have the pressure of all of us that want bigger results at LU. Art Briles former Baylor coach is back in high school coaching also.

Heard about Briles last week. He's a fine teacher of young men. What a role model to look up to and try and emulate.:rolleyes:

I agree on the point that there was no promises Switzer would have been successful but our exposure would have been at a high point right from the get go.

Honestly much like Tubbs (second stint ) at Lamar I'm sure the game had passed Switzer bye at that point.

As for Briles I saw he got a job and I can't believe it's actually stuck this time for him.