2020 Football Recruiting

coachacola

[/b]thats not the running back.

I slo moed it and you're right. Watch the January 1st, updated Hudl highlight, of the game. At around 7 seconds in, Saint Augustine's Kendall Rowan, #9, trucked the RB, #5, at the 17. The body hitting the ground, at the 20, was McDonald 35 Preparatory High pulling left guard, #62 , who is listed at 5-10 and 270. He got abused by Rowan's buddy, #90, Byron Turner,jr, who is listed at 6-3 and 235. Check out the offers this kid has gotten, at https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Byron-Turner-Jr-129540/RecruitInterests/. #5 was probably better off getting trucked by Rowan rather than being abused by Turner but that's another story.

With a little digging, the back story, of this varsity game between Kendall Rowan's Saint Augustine Parochial High and McDonald 35 Preparatory High, may offer a glimpse, into the type of character of the players, that Morgan and staff are recruiting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine_High_School_(New_Orleans)#Ethos_and_discipline

....St. Augustine High School was built by the Archdiocese of New Orleans with funds given by Catholics of the Archdiocese through the Youth Progress Program. The building and site were bought by the Society of St. Joseph of the Sacred Heart (The Josephite Fathers and Brothers), to whom the operation of the school was entrusted. The Archdiocese of New Orleans placed the school under the patronage of St. Augustine of Hippo, a pre-eminent Christian and scholar of Africa, and a Father of the Church...

.....Although St. Augustine now welcomes students of all races, it remains a leading secondary school for black young men in Louisiana, and has long been nationally recognized in educational circles for outstanding success in preparing its students for higher education. ....

No diva's allowed.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the article:

Vaughn said he was told Lamar will use a spread offense — similar to the system he ran at United. Former Timberwolves head coach Arthur Louis believes Vaughn will “fit right in” at Lamar.

Look like LU will be throwing the ball more under Morgan if that's true.

Apparently, Scott Thiessen is the new Lamar University football Special Teams Coordinator coach.

I believe he was the head coach at the Air Force Prep School

Also, Marshall Mann from Howard Payne University is one of the new defensive coaches.

https://twitter.com/Marshall_Mann20

https://hpusports.com/sports/football/coaches

Other than what you can gleam from twitter and the forum updates, there's very little news coming out. I guess I'm like everybody else, in that, I am getting a little antsy. Having said that, I think Morgan and Co. are going to do ok. They are genuine and sell what they are, the kind of program they will offer, both on and off the field, and I think they are going to do better than we thought. 8 days till signing day. Edited by Dracula

I like that the guys are a mix of over-athletic talents and talents from winning programs.

Now, to get them on campus. While it's not uncommon for FCS program to have a guy decide they sign end up deciding their heart isn't in it or he wants to go JuCo and try to earn an FBS offer, I feel like we had more than our share. Lose an OL here, a LB there... suddenly, we're a thin roster that can't absorb an injury.