FAYE: Cardinals showing flashes of brighter future

lamarfan360

While I will agree that there is the talent needed for a brighter future, my question is where is the leadership going to come from. I don't see a player ready to lead this team or next years team either. When there isn't a tradition to follow, someone has to step into that role or the coach has to develop a player into that role. For me that is the consistent problem with the Lamar basketball program under Price. When crunch time comes there isn't a leader on the court. Being the leader isn't the player who takes the quick shot or tries to force a pass through a defender. When crunch time comes the offense gets stagnant. Is that because there really isn't an offense to run or there isn't a leader on the floor? Maybe there aren't enough players with multiple threats that forces the other team to play straight up.

While I will agree that there is the talent needed for a brighter future, my question is where is the leadership going to come from. I don't see a player ready to lead this team or next years team either. When there isn't a tradition to follow, someone has to step into that role or the coach has to develop a player into that role. For me that is the consistent problem with the Lamar basketball program under Price. When crunch time comes there isn't a leader on the court. Being the leader isn't the player who takes the quick shot or tries to force a pass through a defender. When crunch time comes the offense gets stagnant. Is that because there really isn't an offense to run or there isn't a leader on the floor? Maybe there aren't enough players with multiple threats that forces the other team to play straight up.

My pick is Sullivan. He'll be senior and he's probably steadiest player on this year's team. Good enough for double-doubles and unselfish enough to let his teammates perform. If he improves anywhere near as much next year as he did this year, he'll be a force.