SLC Board of Directors Postpones Fall Sports Until Spring

lamarfan360

I guess that means come on basketball, but wait that might get cancelled too, or maybe it picks up where it left off in the middle of the SLC Tourney. What no one wants to admit is that until the leaders quit trying to stop the virus by chaining things up, every time the chains are loosened there will be another increase in cases. If there is such a thing as herd immunity for this virus new cases will happen until that point is established or a vaccine effectively wipes out the virus. Edited by geezer

• 2 weeks later...
With Hurricane Laura thrown into the mix the Rice game would be even harder to prepare for, but does anyone else think LU missed an opportunity in canceling what would have been their only game this fall? I didn't know there was the option to play a game until I saw the announcement it was canceled but as I have thought about it I think it was an opportunity missed. Again I don't know what all the rules are about practices and so forth without the fall conference games, but Morgan would have had better than spring practice and an actual game to prepare for a possible conference schedule in the spring. For a new coach at the helm that could have proven very valuable. Yes there was the possibility of someone suffering a major injury, but that is there most days in practice anyhow. Playing might have swayed a recruit.

With Hurricane Laura thrown into the mix the Rice game would be even harder to prepare for, but does anyone else think LU missed an opportunity in canceling what would have been their only game this fall? I didn't know there was the option to play a game until I saw the announcement it was canceled but as I have thought about it I think it was an opportunity missed. Again I don't know what all the rules are about practices and so forth without the fall conference games, but Morgan would have had better than spring practice and an actual game to prepare for a possible conference schedule in the spring. For a new coach at the helm that could have proven very valuable. Yes there was the possibility of someone suffering a major injury, but that is there most days in practice anyhow. Playing might have swayed a recruit.

missed opportunity? Team hasnt even practiced. Getting curb stomped by Rice wouldn't have been good