2013 Lamar Cardinals Basketball Recruits

BRI Staff

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rivals.com is showing that Lamar has offered SF/PF Austin Torres from Granger, Indiana. Check out the link below, looks like he is best working around the basket. He's got some really long arms for his frame, so he makes it look easy when dunking. Maybe he'll grow another inch or two.

http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-basketball-recruiting/in/mishawaka/penn-high-school/austin-torres

• 2 weeks later...

More info on 2 HS players from Indiana that Lamar has offered:

Mike Crawford: 6'5 Small Forward, Tipton H.S.

Very athletic. Mike has a nice balance of interior and perimeter skills. He can finish inside because of his strength and jumping ability, but is also a very good outside shooter. Handles the ball well too. His versatility is his biggest asset, could really play the 1-4 spots. Can be a little out of control when he attacks the basket at times, but does a good job of getting to the foul line.

Austin Torres: 6'6 Small Forward, Penn H.S.

Austin has really blown up. He is a freak athlete who can simply jump out of the gym. He doesn't really create much for himself, but he is as good as they come at getting offensive rebounds and scoring off of put backs. If he can become a better ball handler and shooter he would be very, very hard to guard.

Both players have multiple offers from mid to low major schools.

Link: http://indianarecruitingguide.com/prospect-rankings/class-of-2013/

• 2 weeks later...
Was in the Jason's in Rice Village today, & there was a BB recruit siiting with the Rice Head Coach behind me. Overheard the coach ask "Who else in Texas is recruiting you". The kid said "he has been contacted by Lamar". Have no idea who he was or from where, but he was a guard by his size.

Put him on your ignore list.

You can go to the top of your page and click on profile. Go down to the modify profile tab and go down to the buddy/ignore list and you can put him on your ignore list so his posts don't show up on any thread he posts on.

You can go to the top of your page and click on profile. Go down to the modify profile tab and go down to the buddy/ignore list and you can put him on your ignore list so his posts don't show up on any thread he posts on.

I'm more concerned about the people who come over to BRI and see this garbage as the first post on their computer.

I'm more concerned about the people who come over to BRI and see this garbage as the first post on their computer.

Just because you don't agree with him is no reason to kick him off the site. He's not breaking any of rules, you just don't like what he has to say.

Just because you don't agree with him is no reason to kick him off the site. He's not breaking any of rules, you just don't like what he has to say.

I'm sure racist comments are not condoned, Jadrian.

Guest CardinalClaw
We all know how cardinal feels it's time for him to move on from it. It does look bad when someone keeps bringing up a race topic on here.

We all know how cardinal feels it's time for him to move on from it. It does look bad when someone keeps bringing up a race topic on here.

I agree, it's not great. I don't agree with him and I don't condone it, but I doubt it's against the Terms of Service.

TBonesLU, creepy that you know my name.

I agree, it's not great. I don't agree with him and I don't condone it, but I doubt it's against the Terms of Service.

Dude, it's in your e-mails that you send to my personal e-mail...which is even creepier.

Dude, it's in your e-mails that you send to my personal e-mail...which is even creepier.

I realized it right after I responded that I did e-mail you. Haha, never mind!

By the way, we use the same forum software, here's the piece from our agreement, which I think is standard for SMF:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

I realized it right after I responded that I did e-mail you. Haha, never mind!

By the way, we use the same forum software, here's the piece from our agreement, which I think is standard for SMF:

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

Let's call his posts "hateful" then. I realize it's somewhat subjective.

To poorly back my argument, "hate" crimes are crimes done with racist motive. Can we agree?

Let's call his posts "hateful" then. I realize it's somewhat subjective.

To poorly back my argument, "hate" crimes are crimes done with racist motive. Can we agree?

I like that you ding yourself to begin by saying it's a poor backing.

It's not directed at any one person in particular, so that's the one difference. A hate crime occurs against specific individuals. Hate speech is protected, whether we agree with it or not.

Guest CardAmbassador

Let's try to keep this thread about basketball recruits. Unless posts get really personal, nasty and threatening, we won't be banning anyone.

+1

for the record no mod brought up banning. I was just telling Cardinal that his harping on one issue was getting old. Controversial off topic discussion is OK for the Kampus Korner section. This section is about basketball lets keep it that way.

I am glad to see this thread get back to what it says it is about which is to keep up with Lamar's 2013 men's basketball recruits instead of other things that stir us away from the thing that we all love which is LAMAR BASKETBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Let us focus on both the men's and women's basketball seasons that will soon be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightman