WBB takes on NMSU 4:30PM

geezer

The lady Cardinals are talented but as a whole Lamar isn't tall enough. The other problem that I see with the ladies is the same as the men, they don't take care of the ball. Too many turnovers. Down by two at the media timeout.

Hastings provided the fire power scoring a game high twenty-five points with Adams scoring fourteen. Davis led Lamar with nine rebounds while picking up six points. Lamar will meet Sam Houston tomorrow at 4:30 for a chance to take on Cal Baptist in the quarter finals. Potentially five games in five days is a heavy load.

Lamar wins 65-54. Great game for the ladies.

One day you will learn that height is overrated. I bet the men's team was as big or bigger than most teams in the WAC. We need a great coach and decent talent. Or a decent coach and great talent.

Hastings provided the fire power scoring a game high twenty-five points with Adams scoring fourteen. Davis led Lamar with nine rebounds while picking up six points. Lamar will meet Sam Houston tomorrow at 4:30 for a chance to take on Cal Baptist in the quarter finals. Potentially five games in five days is a heavy load.

Lord. They are 18-22 years old and play for 2 or 3 hours. Big deal.

One day you will learn that height is overrated. I bet the men's team was as big or bigger than most teams in the WAC. We need a great coach and decent talent. Or a decent coach and great talent.

As a short fat old white guy, I know that height isn't everything, but all else being equal it is difficult to get a good shot off consistently if the opposing player is three to six inches taller than you are. Why else do you think you see all these guards throw up these circus toss shots. The big man will just stuff it in the face of a littler player. On the men's team this year Lamar guards were right around six foot. Many of the opponents had guards up to 6'5 especially at the shooting guard position. Most of the teams we played had better post players again many of whom were taller than the big man we had trying to guard them. Lincoln Smith was a much better player than he appeared to be due to usually playing undersized in the position he was forced to play. The last few games when he was able to occasionally play from the small forward or wing position he looked much better and scored better.

Edited by geezer