Jayden Barrs Inks With Lamar MBB

lamarfan360

I agree he looks promising, but my question is looking at the roster that might be the only available scholarship, so is he the number one choice or should Brooks have been waiting for a taller player? After the exhibition and first game Lamar looks to have some good guards already on the team.

I agree he looks promising, but my question is looking at the roster that might be the only available scholarship, so is he the number one choice or should Brooks have been waiting for a taller player? After the exhibition and first game Lamar looks to have some good guards already on the team.

I agree that we do have a lot of guards, but a 3-guard lineup (or even 4 guards like Villanova ran out there for a couple of years) can still win- you just don't run a traditional half-court set... you have to move the ball a little quicker and make sure shots are good ones since you are missing a forward or two that can get boards.

Also, with the transfer portal, we very well may end up with 2-3 more open roster spots.