Men versus Texas State

geezer

Men play Texas State tonight at 7:30. Lamar is listed as a 12.5-point underdog. Texas State doesn't appear to have a significant height advantage but does appear to have more juniors and seniors. Could be a good test if the men learned anything over the past two weeks. For me one of the keys this year is does the team get better through the year.

Missed the first half, but from what I have seen and looking at the past games and stats, Buckley is like last year's guards. This team has post players that can score and the hog the ball dribble needs to be punished by Brooks. Ball movement and off the ball action by the players can be successful.

Hamilton, Anderson and Thirdkill have not played tonight.

Anderson played but only briefly. I was impressed with how hard and how well they played defense for the first 35 minutes or so. Final score is a bit misleading. Lamar led late in the 2nd half. It's still an "L" but they give you a reason to hope that things will get better.

Anderson played but only briefly. I was impressed with how hard and how well they played defense for the first 35 minutes or so. Final score is a bit misleading. Lamar led late in the 2nd half. It's still an "L" but they give you a reason to hope that things will get better.

I think the hardest part for a coach is changing a good young player from the I am the star and hero to how do I fit in with the overall team. The lack of being a total team player shows up most when the game is on the line and hence the failure to play team ball first.

I think the hardest part for a coach is changing a good young player from the I am the star and hero to how do I fit in with the overall team. The lack of being a total team player shows up most when the game is on the line and hence the failure to play team ball first.

Very good point. I am still disappointed in there half-court execution (which ties into what you are saying) and with their pathetic 3-point shooting. Also, it seems like they have no clue how to get a post player open/the ball into the post. I don't know if it's poor play design, poor post play (they just don't know what to do/how to get open), poor player execution or what. I know the spacing is usually horrible - (usually too close together). Defense did play well most of the game.