Baseball at UIW

geezer

Game one similar to last week. Cards manage to get to the sixth inning with a two-lead. Change pitchers in the bottom of the seventh and give up one run, but still have a lead. Bottom of the eighth, combination of fielding error and pitching, Cards give up six runs to go down by five. Lamar gets three runs in the ninth but not enough. Disappointing, game two tomorrow at 2PM,

Season is slipping away.

stick a fork in em, theyre done.

conference batting average is lower than the non hitting softball teams conference batting average. By almost 20 points!

And the pitching has sucked.

i thought we were gonna have an awesome year, then we Lamared it

stick a fork in em, theyre done.

conference batting average is lower than the non hitting softball teams conference batting average. By almost 20 points!

And the pitching has sucked.

i thought we were gonna have an awesome year, then we Lamared it

I am afraid there may be a couple of coaching changes with the two programs you mentioned.

Maybe not, as they are not really revenue producing sports (football and basketball are).

If LU baseball could return to the glory of the the eighties and nineties when they averaged about 2,500 fans (a few times eclipsing 4,000) then it could be considered as revenue producing.

Hopefully, the administration has an absolutely positive direction for the overall athletic program.

Although I don't do twitter or facebook, I read what I could of the articles and they did give me a little encouragement. Except for my early years in Beaumont mid-eighties Lamar athletics has been deteriorating for the most part. Men's basketball essentially has only gotten worse since Pat Foster left, women's basketball had a brief moment of shine about 1990, Gilligan left for pro baseball and the first replacement was horrible, football was dropped even though it appeared to be making progress. Mediocracy became more and more the norm. Even, Gilligan returning for baseball and Tubbs returning in basketball did not bring back championship caliber programs. The restart of football and the extra women's sports haven't panned out yet. Soccer looks promising, but can Lamar keep the coach.

Although I don't do twitter or facebook, I read what I could of the articles and they did give me a little encouragement. Except for my early years in Beaumont mid-eighties Lamar athletics has been deteriorating for the most part. Men's basketball essentially has only gotten worse since Pat Foster left, women's basketball had a brief moment of shine about 1990, Gilligan left for pro baseball and the first replacement was horrible, football was dropped even though it appeared to be making progress. Mediocracy became more and more the norm. Even, Gilligan returning for baseball and Tubbs returning in basketball did not bring back championship caliber programs. The restart of football and the extra women's sports haven't panned out yet. Soccer looks promising, but can Lamar keep the coach.

Geezer, I attended Lamar in the early nineties and the ladies basketball team made it to the Elite Eight coached by Al Barbre and the men where coached by Grey Giovanine. I was involved with the a student group called the L-Raisers. The attendance for MBB averaged about 5,000 even though the team was not overly successful on the court. Can you imagine if they were? Those were some fun times!

Hopefully the administration has the athletic program headed in the right direction.

I feel like we got the right guy heading up our football program. Guess we will find out in a few months!

Edited by lamarfan360