Kueck ready to guide Lamar offense

coachacola

Now that Todd Whitten is gone:

Lamar's new offensive coordinator, Larry Kueck, wants to run a balanced offense with multiple formations. But as far as how particular players will be used in the offense - that's an aspect Kueck hopes to figure out soon.

"I'll be honest with you; I don't know these guys' names," Kueck said. "What happens is I see them with tape on their helmet and then the next time I see them they'll have their helmet off and I don't know who the heck they are."

On Monday morning, Kueck spent four hours watching practice tape and asking other coaches, "Who's this guy? Who's that guy?"

The 60-year-old Kueck came to Lamar in March to take over for former offensive coordinator Todd Whitten. He's been the offensive coordinator at Marshall, SMU, Mississippi, Southern Mississippi and even at Lamar in the 1980s.

Link: http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/lamar/article/Kueck-ready-to-guide-Lamar-offense-3436081.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CardAmbassador
Can't wait to watch this playout

What are your thought on Kueck? He has a good resume, but he has been out of the game for a while. I'm hoping for good things. (hopefully no QB controversy.)

Guest bigred360
CA, just my opinion of Coach Kueck is he was very good at running the offense here before as the QB's had some great numbers and personally I believe in a balanced offense. Where you and run or throw the ball. With a passing only offense the defense can blitz like heck because they know you aren't going to run. Then if you look at all the pass happy offenses in college football it hurts the offense if they can't run the ball. Think of UT the final year Gred Davis was the OC at Texas. UT couldn't run the ball for more than a couple of yards per attempt and those guys get the best talent from around the country. Yes, I know the vast marority of the team is from Texas.