Astros woes

Houston is limping along 5 games under .500. It’s just dumb luck the Astros are in the weakest division in the American League. If Houston was in the AL East they would be in last place 14.5 games behind the Yankees. If they were in the AL Central they would be in 5th place 12 games behind Cleveland. Astros fans could take solace in the fact that they don’t suck nearly as bad as the Chicago White Sox who have only managed to win 17 of their 65 games so far. Ouch! 
as it is Houston is just 5.5 games behind Seattle for the division lead and just 1/2 game behind the Texas Rangers. If Houston completes the sweep of the Angels and the San Francisco Giants complete the sweep in their series against the Rangers Houston will have jumped into 2nd place in the ALWest. As long as I’m dreaming, if Kansas City completes their series sweep of Seattle Houston would be just 4.5 games behind the M’s! I’ve really got to calm down! There’s still a lot of baseball left to play. One step at a time. I will be very interested in where the Astros stand a month from now when the All Star break rolls around. Southeast Texas is getting hot and so is the AL West. It’s going to be an interesting summer. 

Getting rid of Abreu was the first step in recovery. I hate it because I read he was well liked in the clubhouse but he needs a fresh start as much as the Astros did.