Lamar signing JUCO QB

Mike

For the record top scout! Still gives nobody the right to trash teammates and coaches, or can you just not handle what goes around comes around?

I can't tell to whom you are referring here. If it's Top Scout, he wasn't bashing anyone. I just saw a bunch of stats and whatnot. Correct me if I'm wrong (I doubt it). 8)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NorthoftheBorder

For the record critics! This kid did have D1 offers out of high school. The picture with Peyton and Eli Manning, only happens to 3 players of that camp, as MVP players, Barrett was a Blue Chipper, as a senior and the starting QB in the Louisiana all star game and ranked 6th in the Rivals and scout .com Louisiana ratings. He had well over 2500 total all purpose yards. His high school teammates loved him and he them! With NO tradition of winning there and a very bad fundamental coaching staff there, NO player could really help do anymore than they did do, for that very reason! It is what it is! He went to juco, because of wanting a better offer, than just any ole team. Well, Lamar is not just any ole team anymore! The have an awesome coaching staff, who are great recruiters and a load of players , who can and will compete for the teams best interest! As the 8th rated overall juco player in the country and the 3rd rated Qb in the country, by Rivals, you all, should say Hell yeah! Lamar is on the rise and fans should be fans! That means be positive and supportive! From a the standpoint of a scout, not a analyst! anyone can do that. GO BIG RED!!!

He will be a fan favorite if he lives up to the Rivals rankings that's for sure. Thanks for the info!

For the record top scout! Still gives nobody the right to trash teammates and coaches, or can you just not handle what goes around comes around?

I can't tell to whom you are referring here. If it's Top Scout, he wasn't bashing anyone. I just saw a bunch of stats and whatnot. Correct me if I'm wrong (I doubt it). 8)

well im going to go with my hunch that top scout is this kids dad, i could be wrong though you can correct me otherwise.

well im going to go with my hunch that top scout is this kids dad, i could be wrong though you can correct me otherwise.

I believe it is his dad. Either way, be it SHSU guys or whatever, does anyone really expect anything less from a student-athlete's father (talking him up and whatnot)? If you don't agree with what a guy says about his son as an athlete, nod your head, listen to what he has to say, and move on. There really isn't a reason, in person or on a forum, to debate what a parent says. Fathers are partial to their sons' success, so everything said can be taken with a grain of salt. If you want to debate an athlete's talent, go on and do it. I think we've all established this is NCAA D-I football. They probably hear worse from the coaches.

Moving on...

the debate is not about the kids stats or ratings big guy, he can talk his kid up all he wants. thts what all you bozos are missing. if your going to talk your kid up do it without throwing your team mates and coaches under the bus.

and for all you sam houston guys, i will gladly take this hit here just so i can prove our point.

There is really no debate about the kids stats, he must be good to be the number 3 QB and 8 overall JUCO player and he never took a snap. Id say this about his Dad if he came to SH too, but sounds like a family of whiners and who think they are better than everyone and it has come back to bite them in the rear. Seriously if he had multiple FBS offers out of HS and he felt he was too good for "any ol school" as he put it so as a recruiter he cashed in a favor with XYZ JUCO in podunkville to red shirt him so he could wait another year for that better offer to come along only it didnt come and now he is stuck with LU and having to spin things like he did that on purpose and he is having to do damage control because he ran his mouth too much and threw all his kids HS teammantes and Coaches under the bus like its their fault he didnt go to LSU or something because they were all born losers who didnt know how to win. And before you guys get all hot and bothered Id say he was "stuck" with SH too if he came there. I wont say another thing about it now.

FYI, topscoutfootballrecruiting.com , is a national group of former NFL/USFL players, coaches and some are NFL scouts. Top Scout sends many recruits, to football programs all over the country by way of camps, visits and so on , helping under the radar kids get the looks, when otherwise would have been missed or passed over. Many times players, that are passed on end up helping make a huge difference at all size programs across the country and eventually hopefully graduate or maybe even get drafted or signed. In closing, Top Scout has 17 national scouts and a full production crew. We only help players, that can make the grade at NAIA-D1.Understand, that juco players of this day and age are very serious pick ups or bounce backs, that for the most part in fact , must be a D1 prospect to even get an offer, as many juco teams are loaded with D1 talent. Perfect examples are all over the NFL and many now have super bowl rings! So, anyone who says only juco, simply has no idea what they are saying, just trying to have fun messing around with the competition . At least we hope they are smarter about the recruiting game than that. Rivals and Scout are analyst and are pretty good at it, while Top Scout Football Recruiting, are Scouts that have played and work and attend camps everywhere that great players play. As the head natl scout, Byron Barrett is not the blogger, as we have a staff that takes part in events and other activities as this, in every league and every conference in the sport of football. Best of luck to everyone in this years football season. Top Scout Sports/ Top Scout Football Recruiting

Guest NorthoftheBorder
I don't know who top scout is. The young man is now a part of the LU family. Just as we have done for every other kid that has been signed, lets welcome him into the family and let his play determine his success and time on the field. Here's hoping that he is an all american, but then I hope that all 22 of the starters for LU are all americans. I understand the smack talk from SHSU fans, and they have the upper hand in that based on the last 2 years. I get a little upset sometimes when they make their comments, but hey they are probably good guys just yanking our chain because the 104-10 combined score for 2010-2011 gives them the opportunity. I don't have a comeback to refute that!!

the debate is not about the kids stats or ratings big guy, he can talk his kid up all he wants. thts what all you bozos are missing. if your going to talk your kid up do it without throwing your team mates and coaches under the bus.

and for all you sam houston guys, i will gladly take this hit here just so i can prove our point.

No need for the "big guy" talk. I'm not a high school kid.

Let them play!! I did a little research. We know Mossakowski was an SEC recruit at Kentucky. Moss was offered and commited in his junior year. He had more offers than all of them.

Bergeron was in the final two at Miss.St and had a last minute offer from Arkansas. He also had offers from Northwestern State and USF in Tampsa. I did not find much on the net about the new kid. For the last two years Bergeron was the second leading passer in the same state as the judo kid in his junior year and led the state in his senior year with over 3000 yds and led his 5a team to the semi- finals. Just through his highlight films I counted over 71 TD's in two years.

Berry was also recruited in high school. He has actually showed he can play from last year.

Let's move on...Dads, do your sons a favor and stay off the boards.

The judo kid was on a team that did not win much.he did not have an offer on rivals and was not rated. I am a contributor to rivals and some kids get rated but some just get people to go to the site and vote. Our rivals rating is put up by us. If you are a four star it would be because you had quite a few offers.I don't know how you get a juco rating by not playing but he looks like an athlete we can use somewhere.

To LCard05, not really a cool statement asking father's to stay off of the boards. We have more at stake than anyone. Heck, every one of these guys were players in high school and it's ok to be a proud daddy. I'm guilty of the same. I don't agree with bashing others but I do agree with telling it like it is. My son attended a high school with similar history and characteristics as this young man's school. And I'm on the coaching staff !! In his Sr season my son accounted for 3100 yards of offense and 31 TD's, led the team to a playoff berth and a near playoff upset. However, 5'9" college QB's are rare. Stats are great and level of play is important, but not always. Most college scouts know what they're looking for and can identify potential. My son had options but chose Lamar. He's far from home but I have to tell you, he's happy. He's been very challenged over the past year learning a new position but above everything he has grown, made new friends and is somewhere he wants to be. So amidst all the chatter about coaching changes, transfers, recruits, etc., and no matter how it plays out for my son, I couldn't be more pleased. These young men are fortunate to be in this position. It comes with a price as well as rewards they all understand. Please appreciate these young men for being exactly that...young men who happen to be student athletes representing Lamar University. And long after Lamar, they will still be our sons.

To LCard05, not really a cool statement asking father's to stay off of the boards. We have more at stake than anyone. Heck, every one of these guys were players in high school and it's ok to be a proud daddy. I'm guilty of the same. I don't agree with bashing others but I do agree with telling it like it is. My son attended a high school with similar history and characteristics as this young man's school. And I'm on the coaching staff !! In his Sr season my son accounted for 3100 yards of offense and 31 TD's, led the team to a playoff berth and a near playoff upset. However, 5'9" college QB's are rare. Stats are great and level of play is important, but not always. Most college scouts know what they're looking for and can identify potential. My son had options but chose Lamar. He's far from home but I have to tell you, he's happy. He's been very challenged over the past year learning a new position but above everything he has grown, made new friends and is somewhere he wants to be. So amidst all the chatter about coaching changes, transfers, recruits, etc., and no matter how it plays out for my son, I couldn't be more pleased. These young men are fortunate to be in this position. It comes with a price as well as rewards they all understand. Please appreciate these young men for being exactly that...young men who happen to be student athletes representing Lamar University. And long after Lamar, they will still be our sons.

Well put...

Byron Barrett, was a center in the USFL and NFL. Coach Barrett is ceo of Top Scout Football Recruiting/ Top Scout Sports. He is also 14 year veteran , as a NFL/CFL Scout. At a staff meeting this morning, coach Barrett became aware of the fun going on with the Blog. He and natl scout Marcus Dupree, Will be attending many games at Lamar and just want to see them win and said , don't you just love it ya'll....

Guest Sam_Kats

Goes back to my ORIGINAL statement...Dad seems more interested in name-dropping & over-hyping his son than sitting back & enjoying him play ball. That's my opinion - then a couple of the LU faithful flamed out about it.

For the last time, good luck to the kid - hope the SH/LU game is more competitive this year so my brother (LU grad) doesn't leave @ halftime. The family trash talking is fun, as is the same on different SLC boards. Some take these things too literally.

I guess "coach"barrett should have just coached his son himself if he didn't think his high school coaching was worthy enough.

What's with all the hating on Mr. Barrett? All he said was the the coaching in HS wasn't that good, so what. Coaches everywhere are always criticized about their coaching abilities. Big deal, goes with the territory. We now have another active supporter of Lamar football who's son could do some good things these next 4 years. I see that as a good thing.

Guest CardAmbassador
That's what I've been trying to say the entire time, some people though are too busy defending their previous insults to just let it go.

Goes back to my ORIGINAL statement...Dad seems more interested in name-dropping & over-hyping his son than sitting back & enjoying him play ball. That's my opinion - then a couple of the LU faithful flamed out about it.

For the last time, good luck to the kid - hope the SH/LU game is more competitive this year so my brother (LU grad) doesn't leave @ halftime. The family trash talking is fun, as is the same on different SLC boards. Some take these things too literally.

I don't see your observation as being too brash or anything. It just went on for 4 pages is what people are squabbling over.