Projected Starters against UL-L

coachacola

The roster on the LU website has been updated. Ploch is listed as a WR, Baxley is a TE, Chavis and freshman Hargis are listed as LBs.

Richard Alfonso is now on the roster as a 6'0 260 offensive lineman. George Orebe is a RS-SO defensive back from Houston. Are both these guys walkons?

So for Saturday's game we know these guys are out: Beard, Malbrough, Soto, McVey and Arnold. Anymore players that might not play or will be playing banged up?

Soto is just out for one game, same as malbrough.

McVey is out for farther notice. I could see him returning in the next few weeks depending on how his hamstring holds up.

They moved Ploch to TE because that's what he played in spring. He knows the routes better then Baxley does.

From what I have seen Baxley is mostly a blocking TE with about 5 or 6 routes. He is a good add to the TE's because from what I have seen they have trouble with blocking. Hannah and Ploch are fast and run good routes, well on the other hand Soto and Baxley are not the fastest but are both very tall and a good target.

Ploch to TE? Has he practiced there since spring? With all of these changes, what does the depth look like at tight end to start the year?

No, in spring ball he was a TE. He moved to WR at the start of this year.

The TE depth looks like: Hannah, Baxley/Ploch, Henderson

Guest CardAmbassador
Thats why we have such a big roster I suppose. We have a pretty deep TE spot and the two notables Soto and McVey aren't even available.

"Tight ends catch the ball too..."

last year we had 187 receptions...our TE combined for about 20 of those.......and McVey had most of those in 2 games...i think we had at least 8 games w/o a catch by a TE

hopefully the new OC , unlike dim whitten, knows 1) there is a middle of the field and 2) McVey is a top notch receiver.

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Ploch is by far the most versatile player on our team. He has played both safety spots, outside linebacker, tight end, and wide receiver since being here. Pretty diverse.

And he runs a 4.5 40!!! I would say the kid has some talent. I think he could be a good WR or back on defense. He made a great catch for about a 60 yd td with a DB all over him at the last practice I could make about 2 weeks ago. He has the strength like JJ Hayes to hold off the DB's plus he is faster!