Is SELA a better team that the SELA we played last year?

Lamarcard81

Beating McNiece would seem to make it obvious that they have improved over last year....but weird things happen in conference play. I am wondering if they have had wholesale changes in their personnel....or is this basically the same guys we played last year.

We have a few new faces who have made a huge difference, particularly on defense; though for the most part, the main contributors on both sides of the ball were already in the program ... we have a completely new WR corps (2 new to program) and we're playing a different QB, but he was here last year.

As for whether we're better than last year, we're significantly improved on the defensive side of the ball for sure ... we're running a different scheme and are much bigger and more physical at LB ... we were playing with LBs in the 200 to 220 range last year - now they're 235 to 250 ... we already had outstanding corners but our safety position is much improved ... D-line is solid.

We're still feeling our way offensively with a new scheme and having lost so many skill guys from last year ... that said, we're improving each week and played pretty well vs McNeese ... our QB has NFL size and ability and is playing very well, but our WR's have been inconsistent ... potential is definitely there, and they played well this week, but had 20 or so drops in the first three games ... We do have 4 of 5 returning starters on the O-line, but all four were playing out of their normal positions the first three games ... we moved them back to their regular spots this week and it paid off, especially in pass protection.

Guest NorthoftheBorder
SELA beat McNeese and that can't be taken away from them or taken lightly. My friend who is an avid McNeese fan told me that McNeese has been bitten badly with the injury bug. I haven't checked that out myself but maybe some of you guys can veryify. For me the whole thing for LU is do we make significant improvement over the course of the season. I would say that we maybe made a little improvement year one and NO improvement last year. That is critical to whether we are heading in the right direction with the program!!

On McNeese's injuries they started the game without their starting free safety and starting linebacker. During the game they lost a cornerback a linebacker and two safeties. With all of the injuries in the secondary you can see why SLU had 247 yards passing and another 27 by the punter. On SLU defense McNeese was averaging 290 yds/gm rushing. SLU held them to 147 yards on 31 attempts.

On McNeese's injuries they started the game without their starting free safety and starting linebacker. During the game they lost a cornerback a linebacker and two safeties. With all of the injuries in the secondary you can see why SLU had 247 yards passing and another 27 by the punter. On SLU defense McNeese was averaging 290 yds/gm rushing. SLU held them to 147 yards on 31 attempts.

And of McNeese's 147 rushing yards, 29 of those came on a fake punt right before the half on 4th and 27, which led to a FG ... 25 more came on a WR reverse.

mcsneeze also lost all american Bronson kid in the weber state game with a blown knee

my question.......is Lamar better than the Lu team that played SE last year...I'm not seeing it....hope i'm wrong

in the rain this might be a 3-2 game...in a puntfest, I give LU an advantage..i think we have the best punter and deepsnapper in conference...then again, we have Venson back deep..and he cant catch a cold...how many overtimes can a 0-0 game go? may be there till sunday...

mcsneeze also lost all american Bronson kid in the weber state game with a blown knee

my question.......is Lamar better than the Lu team that played SE last year...I'm not seeing it....hope i'm wrong

in the rain this might be a 3-2 game...in a puntfest, I give LU an advantage..i think we have the best punter and deepsnapper in conference...then again, we have Venson back deep..and he cant catch a cold...how many overtimes can a 0-0 game go? may be there till sunday...

Oh hell, I just had a scary thought...Venson trying to catch punts in the rain!

Oh hell, I just had a scary thought...Venson trying to catch punts in the rain!

I just checked the depth chart and sure enough Venson is still Lamar's #1 punt returner. Is he the best they have?

Guest NorthoftheBorder

Sometimes puddin you piss me off, and sometimes you make me laugh until my sides hurt!!!! Either way you are entertaining!!!!