Official McMurry at Lamar Game Thread ** LU WINS 52-21 **

coachacola

McMurry War Hawks at Lamar Cardinals

Saturday - October 13, 2012 - 7:00 p.m. CST

Provost Umphrey Stadium - Beaumont, Texas

McMurry War Hawks (3-2) v. Lamar Football Cardinals (2-4)

Game Notes:

Lamar Notes

LU Roster

LU Info Guide

McMurry Roster

Coverage:

GameTracker

Cardinals on Demand

KVLI AM 560

TV: None

Ticket Info:

Tickets

# Tags

#LamarUFootball

#bigredinsider

BRI Links:

Game Prediction Thread

YouTube:

More tweets from Christopher Dabe:

Vidor grad Matt Newby, O-lineman at McMurry, on his team's no-huddle offense: "We get on the ball and go. We don't take much time."

From McNeese State beat writer: "@AmPressAlexH: @cmdabe If that game is even remotely close, yikes." McN beat McM 69-7 on Sept. 8.

"@AmPressAlexH: @cmdabe To put that score in context, the game's leading rusher was McNeese's No. 5 tailback"

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe Follow @LamarCards for play-by-play tonight. I'll offer insight and comments throughout the game. #BEscores

Lamar Cardinals@LamarCards

McMurry kneels down for the touchback and the Warhawks will begin the game from their own 25-yard line.

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

The Lamar scene during the coin toss: http://twitpic.com/b3wf84 #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

Pregame story: Lamar called Hal Mumme when rebuilding football program: http://bit.ly/RmRyV1 #BEscores

Sims has his right leg elevated. He seated on the padded trainer's table. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe Several teammates coming by to talk with the injured Sims. Fellow Oklahoma State transfer Kevin Johnson standing by his side.

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

Sims is getting right knee wrapped in ice. The extent of the injury probably won't be known until tomorrow or Monday at earliest. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

Herschel Sims, with 99 rush yards, helped off field. Not putting any weight on right leg. Trainers looking at knee. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe ‏@cmdabe Final: Lamar 52, McMurry 21 ... The bigger news is Herschel Sims' right knee injury. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe Should be hard for anybody to be too excited over this win. Came vs. D2 school & might have lost top RB in process. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

Lamar's 275 rush yards are most since program returned in 2010. DePauldrick Garrett: 104 yds, TD. #BEscores

Christopher Dabe@cmdabe

Lamar has three home wins this season, all by 31 points.

Guest eagle eye
I am happy LU won it's homecoming game. I'm sure most people are, especially considering the troubles we've gone through for whatever reasons so far this year. You play the games on the schedule and you add it all up at the end and the 'L's are the 'L's and the 'W's are the 'W's. I'm not big on style points. Is the end result what we wanted? That's the question I want answered. Lamar won. That's the important deal. To say it doesn't really count because McMurray is a D2 school is a little bogus of an attitude. What did they say when Central Arkansas beat Arkansas? That's bogus? An FCS school beat an FBS school. Stuff happens. What if we had beaten Hawaii? Would that have been bogus? Heck no. I'm sorry but I'm not discounting a win. Does Texas not count it when they beat Whatchamacallit U even though good ole WU doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of beating Texas? It still counts as a win. Chalk it up. This program is 2-1/2 years old, there are no style points for winning. It sucks that Herschal Sims got hurt but would he have been any less hurt vs SFA or SHSU? No. That's football. So, if you're not happy about this win, on a night you want to win because it's homecoming, that's a you problem. Get some perspective and be happy we won. With Sims down it just gives DG and the other guys on the depth chart a chance to shine. Next man up is constant mantra in football. So, all I can say is "GO CARDS". They are doing their dead level best to proudly represent the red and white every week. This week, we won!

Guest austinred
I agree with this comment. Don't forget, McMurry beat UTSA last year when they were a D III team. Games against sub FCS teams are not necessarily a gimme. Although LU is not likely to win in their next three games, I expect them to be more competitive this year because of an improved defense.

I agree with this comment. Don't forget, McMurry beat UTSA last year when they were a D III team. Games against sub FCS teams are not necessarily a gimme. Although LU is not likely to win in their next three games, I expect them to be more competitive this year because of an improved defense.

The score was 52-6 midway through the 4th quarter and McMurry scored a couple of TDs against LU's backups. Seems like some were predicting a lot closer game. But I'm still concerned about the fumbles, especially against a team like McMurry. I can't see Lamar winning in the conference until they stop turning the ball over.