12 Seed

badndn

So did we just find out what the best possible seed the SLC can ever hope to get is!

Nice season SFA.

Just hypothetically:

If SFA wins a game or even two in the NCAA and duplicates a 28+ win season next year, do they get a higher seed?

Congrats to SFA. This is right in line with a post I made on another thread about a program winning >25 wins and a seeding in the NCAA higher than 14. This is formula for ongoing success. It makes recruiting easier and it makes the fan base more supportive. The key here is, was the talent just able to carry the team or is the coaching there as well. IMO it's both and that speaks well of the coaching/recruiting side of the ledger.

To answer badndn's question; the seeding next year depends on how well SFA does in the tourney. 12 seeds are statistically able to win over the five seeds. This is how Gonzaga and Butler and other smaller schools got started and earned the respect of being higher seeds in the NCAA's. By getting to the dance and winning. If SFA wins their first round game or makes the sweet 16 they may actually be seeded higher assuming they win 25-28 games and makes the big dance. SFA is taking a path we would like Lamar to follow.

Congrats to SFA. This is right in line with a post I made on another thread about a program winning >25 wins and a seeding in the NCAA higher than 14. This is formula for ongoing success. It makes recruiting easier and it makes the fan base more supportive. The key here is, was the talent just able to carry the team or is the coaching there as well. IMO it's both and that speaks well of the coaching/recruiting side of the ledger.

To answer badndn's question; the seeding next year depends on how well SFA does in the tourney. 12 seeds are statistically able to win over the five seeds. This is how Gonzaga and Butler and other smaller schools got started and earned the respect of being higher seeds in the NCAA's. By getting to the dance and winning. If SFA wins their first round game or makes the sweet 16 they may actually be seeded higher assuming they win 25-28 games and makes the big dance. SFA is taking a path we would like Lamar to follow.

Yeah but our leadership lacks the grey matter to make the decisions necessary to put us on that path!!!

I think the Prez and AD are pretty free to hire the coaches for the women's teams without a lot of big donors throwing their weight around. But when it comes to football and basketball, the stakes are higher and big donors throw their money and influence around and that combination doesn't really help in picking the rght coaches.

Well, they made VCU cry in their Wheaties....A heck of a game, congrats Jacks!

Keep pushin' on!

I think the Prez and AD are pretty free to hire the coaches for the women's teams without a lot of big donors throwing their weight around. But when it comes to football and basketball, the stakes are higher and big donors throw their money and influence around and that combination doesn't really help in picking the rght coaches.

Do you know who has the power to hire/fire AD's or President's?

We can't have input or knowledge of the hiring process so we want some accountability from the AD and prez. I agree. The process should be more transparent and maybe the AD and prez need a little flame under their feet. Way back when, it was thought Price would be hired because he's here and he'd be cheaper than most which was a plus considering the buyout of PK's contract. It's no shame to admit Price was hired for financial reasons but it wouldn't be a reason that says the university really, really supports Price. It's kind of like bragging about something you bought at a garage sale. Also, if you are saying Price didn't do so hot at McNeese I have read that after hurricanes Rita and Ike McNeese's baseball and basketball facilities really suffered. Especially after Ike. As a result the team's record suffered as well. Just saying.

So did we just find out what the best possible seed the SLC can ever hope to get is!

Nice season SFA.

Just hypothetically:

If SFA wins a game or even two in the NCAA and duplicates a 28+ win season next year, do they get a higher seed?

I think so. If SFA runs the table in the SLC, and knocks off somebody "big" (like they did against Oklahoma last year), I could definitely see an 11th or even a 10th seed. All those are real big "ifs" though, LOL.

I was hoping SFA could keep it going for more than one reason. ;)

In the first year of applicable distribution (2014-15)," Southland commissioner Tom Burnett said in a text message to SportsNOLA.com Saturday morning, "(the) winning team gets half of that year's bonus allotment," or about $125,000. "In the subsequent five years of the distribution, (the) bonus allotment is shared equally among all institutions and the conference office.

- See more at: http://sportsnola.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=606582:stephen-f-austins-win-means-more-dollars-to-southland&catid=254:uno-news&Itemid=577#sthash.3yGJT5b6.dpuf

The Forbes article referred to in the link above is interesting and informative.

Note: I first saw the SportsNOLA article referred to in a post on katfans.com a couple of days ago.