** SHSU at LAMAR Game Thread...SHSU WINS 42-10 **

coachacola

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record. ... it was SHSU that beat LU.... Lamar didn't beat Lamar. ..LU played as well as they have all season. .. they just didn't play anyone to FORCE the errors. ...And they got away with average play due to below average opponents.... Same can be said about Sam.... their mistakes were compounded earlier in the session due to superior opponents....strength of schedule DOES matter. ... And for all of you that falsely thought Sam losing to PUEBLO was a joke. ... they would have beaten LU even worse. ...

-Eat'em Up Kats

Well, that was a fun time. :)

Lamar played like a team that had to win a game.

For anyone to say that they saw last night coming..... the way that it happened??? I just cant see how.... We couldnt have beaten Texas College with the way we played last night.

The pressure is off now and all expecations are gone.... I hope that they can show a little character, relax, and play some football the rest of the way.........

For the record. ... it was SHSU that beat LU.... Lamar didn't beat Lamar. ..LU played as well as they have all season. .. they just didn't play anyone to FORCE the errors. ...And they got away with average play due to below average opponents.... Same can be said about Sam.... their mistakes were compounded earlier in the session due to superior opponents....strength of schedule DOES matter. ... And for all of you that falsely thought Sam losing to PUEBLO was a joke. ... they would have beaten LU even worse. ...

-Eat'em Up Kats

For the record, I am going to have to disagree. We had 7 fumbles (not sure if this is exact) and there is not excuse to do that with any team. We effectively beat ourselves when we did that. This is not taking anything away from Sam, as they did play well, but Lamar made it a lot easier for Sam than it should have been. That is what people mean when they say Sam didnt so much as beat us but we lost the game. You see teams do it all the time, where they just completely self destruct.

I also see fans make excuses and blame their team. ... when in fact the other team just kicked their butt... causing theturnovers... or keeping them from running the ball. ... etc.

Sometimes. .. like in this case. .. the other team is good and your team is not. ..... it's called reality check.

-Eat'em Up Kats

Some make it more difficult than others by living in fantasy land. ...I didn't see a single fumble that was just dropped out in space. .(unforced). they came after being hit. .. Sam was hitting LU hard all night. .. unlike the flag football teams yall played previously. ..the Kats actually hit people and were causing decisions to be made much quicker than those JV teams. ...leading to bad decisions....

I'm pretty sure the only time Lamar beat themselves was in the spring game. .. haha

the difficult concept is LU fans to except they just might not be very good and headed nowhere in that direction any time soon. ..

-Eat'em Up Kats