** LSU-Alexandria at LU Game Thread **

coachacola

Here's the thing about this game. It was horrible, terrible, listless, and on and on. But... Lamar could have easily beaten these guys by thirty plus. They missed tons of lay-ups and I can't even begin to tell you how many free throws. Lamar was the better team and it was pretty evident which is why this game was so frustrating to watch. I know the team heard the fans in the stands screaming at them and I know that they have to hate it but I mean come on guys, all you have to do is finish your wide open plays and hit free throws and you win by 30! Anyways... There were some positives to take from this game but there were even more negatives. I think it is going to be another very long year.

And then possibly the most frustrating thing of the day was Tic Price not putting in LeMon or Sears. When those two were on the floor the Lamar offense seemed to play at a completely different level. Other than Tyran, i'm not sure who the scorers are going to be if he does not play either of those guys. Lemon was by far the best option under the basket and paired with Tyran it was almost unstoppable. And then they were able to kick it out for a Sears three when the entire LSU-A team collapsed on them. It just seemed to me like the best line up on the floor today and they may have played a total of five minutes today. Another thing I was disappointed in was the lack of three point tries. I felt like for long stretches I was watching a Pat Knight offense where they were trying to get everything to the board and were settling for contested lay ups and jumpers. Just not a fun game to watch. The pressure defense did step it up in the second half and that was good to see.

This team from LSU-Alexandria is better than you think. I thought it was gonna be a blow out heading into today as well. Then before I left for game I looked this team up. They have several D1 transfers from NW State, La Tech, Western Illinois, etc. This is not your run of the mill start up team. This team is very well coached, and would finish near the middle of the pack of the SLC. Now I agree that LU missed tons of shots in the paint, could finish a lay up and missed tons of FT. Also felt like we gave up more offensive rebounds than we normally would. With that being said LU got the win, something we have only done 7 times in the last two seasons. Team is still trying to figure out who they are. I think the 3 ball numbers were down today because they focused on getting it inside to TDL the entire game. Which I love. TDL is an absolute monster for only being 6'5. I fully expect LU to come back from this road trip with a 1-7 record, but I also expect LU to be 5-8 when conference starts in January. Patience, patience, patience my fellow LU Cardinal supporters!!!

This team from LSU-Alexandria is better than you think. I thought it was gonna be a blow out heading into today as well. Then before I left for game I looked this team up. They have several D1 transfers from NW State, La Tech, Western Illinois, etc. This is not your run of the mill start up team. This team is very well coached, and would finish near the middle of the pack of the SLC. Now I agree that LU missed tons of shots in the paint, could finish a lay up and missed tons of FT. Also felt like we gave up more offensive rebounds than we normally would. With that being said LU got the win, something we have only done 7 times in the last two seasons. Team is still trying to figure out who they are. I think the 3 ball numbers were down today because they focused on getting it inside to TDL the entire game. Which I love. TDL is an absolute monster for only being 6'5. I fully expect LU to come back from this road trip with a 1-7 record, but I also expect LU to be 5-8 when conference starts in January. Patience, patience, patience my fellow LU Cardinal supporters!!!

Lol. Keep telling yourself that.

I think Lazeek made a good point when he advised LU fans to be patient. The second game of the season and maybe we expect them to be at mid-season form. These guys (the coaches) are trying to find out what this team is. They are playing guys more minutes now because they can without damaging their conference record just to see what they have. Maybe Bosha and Sears got limited minutes for a reason. We don't know that reason but maybe we should give Tic the benefit of the doubt. The next 6 games are tough but if all goes according to plan the Cardinals will learn quick, fast and in a hurry what good basketball looks like at the NCAA level. It will serve them well going forward. Remember, this isn't Tic's first rodeo and he's had success in the past and there's no reason to believe he won't have success here. Maybe we could look at LU basketball like you look at your kids. They are young and raw but they'll get better. Let's enjoy the process even though the outcome may not be exactly what we want. Lamar will go to, among other places in this road trip, to Indiana and to Iowa State. That's a part of the country where people live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep....you get my point, basketball. It will be a truly educational trip for this team and the the benefits could be enormous down the line.

Please don't decide what this team is after two games. It's not fair to the coaches or the players. There is still a long way to go before we know what this team really is. For the time being wear RED and yell LOUD!

I think Lazeek made a good point when he advised LU fans to be patient. The second game of the season and maybe we expect them to be at mid-season form. These guys (the coaches) are trying to find out what this team is. They are playing guys more minutes now because they can without damaging their conference record just to see what they have. Maybe Bosha and Sears got limited minutes for a reason. We don't know that reason but maybe we should give Tic the benefit of the doubt. The next 6 games are tough but if all goes according to plan the Cardinals will learn quick, fast and in a hurry what good basketball looks like at the NCAA level. It will serve them well going forward. Remember, this isn't Tic's first rodeo and he's had success in the past and there's no reason to believe he won't have success here. Maybe we could look at LU basketball like you look at your kids. They are young and raw but they'll get better. Let's enjoy the process even though the outcome may not be exactly what we want. Lamar will go to, among other places in this road trip, to Indiana and to Iowa State. That's a part of the country where people live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep....you get my point, basketball. It will be a truly educational trip for this team and the the benefits could be enormous down the line.

Please don't decide what this team is after two games. It's not fair to the coaches or the players. There is still a long way to go before we know what this team really is. For the time being wear RED and yell LOUD!

I agree wholeheartedly. You made a lot of sense..