** LU vs Baylor Game Thread - Lamar Falls 66-31 **

coachacola

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In light of all the people who were offended that Lamar even played Bacone last week I went to a Baylor fan site called Our Daily Bears and on their thread to predict the final score of this week's game I saw no posts lamenting playing an FCS school. I did see a post that said that he hoped Baylor would hang 80 on Lamar. I saw several posts that said they regretted that Art Briles probably wouldn't run up the score too much because Art is such a good competitor and won't allow it. Nobody was pissed about playing Lamar at all, they just wanted a blowout.

In light of all the people who were offended that Lamar even played Bacone last week I went to a Baylor fan site called Our Daily Bears and on their thread to predict the final score of this week's game I saw no posts lamenting playing an FCS school. I did see a post that said that he hoped Baylor would hang 80 on Lamar. I saw several posts that said they regretted that Art Briles probably wouldn't run up the score too much because Art is such a good competitor and won't allow it. Nobody was pissed about playing Lamar at all, they just wanted a blowout.

maybe they realize they spent about 40 years in the crapper?

hmm..try....

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295493

I read that Baylor doesn't like to give out enough tix for opposing bands? Is our band gonna make the trip? They had a blast during the lightning delay at atm...when all the faggies where leaving for the house

Was it Baylor too? I saw today where Texas was starting to charge $100 per band member to opposing schools

The prick Sumlin surprised me by passing at the end of last years game. I figure Briles would do the same. I think he'd hang 100 on us if he could. He's gotta make a point with the selection people.

i just hope we don't run 2 series and pretty much call it a day, like we did at atm.

Just to play devils advocate for a minute, you also have to realize that that QB throwing passes at the end of the game was a true freshman that was their back up QB. As they say he was one play (or drinking binge as it turned out) away from being the starter. They needed him to be prepared. He had also watched the starter throw for 500+ yards the week before against the #9 team in the country...gotta believe his thinking was he might not get too many chances. As it turned out Kenny Trill fell off his rocker and that true freshman ended up becoming the starter later in the year.

They also gave a walk-on RB 11 carries in that game as he led them in carries and yards. Any 1 RB getting 11 carries in Sumlin's offense is kinda rare.

Back to Baylor, 80+ seriously won't surprise me. They love the vertical passing game and have a lot of speed at the WR position. Our secondary is going to be worse flat ass out by the end of it. SMU was actually able to move the ball decently in the 1st half against them but Baylor locked them down in the 2nd half. Baylor gets a couple of defensive starters back this week to to add to the uphill battle.

Well, these Big 12 schools are hurting for money! :rolleyes:

Looks like it was a change in the "gentlemen's agreement" among the four Texas Big12 programs. According to the link, the change was mutually agreed on this summer. According to the article, each had already been charging other bands admission.

http://www.fox34.com/story/29998310/texas-charging-goin-band-for-seats-at-game-part-of-new-agreement

After a successful start to the 2015 season the Lamar University Cardinals football team will step up in competition to take on the fourth-ranked Baylor Bears in Waco, Texas Saturday. The Cardinals are coming off a 66-3 decision over Bacone College in the season opener, while the Bears defeated SMU, 56-21.

Squaring off against NCAA FBS opponents in their backyard has been something LU head coach Ray Woodard and his Cardinals have never shied away from. Playing nationally ranked FBS foes has also become a common trend for LU football under the direction of Woodard. In 2013 the Cardinals played at Oklahoma State, and last year traveled to College Station to take on the Aggies.

http://www.lamarcardinals.com/news/2015/9/10/0987.aspx

Just to play devils advocate for a minute, you also have to realize that that QB throwing passes at the end of the game was a true freshman that was their back up QB. As they say he was one play (or drinking binge as it turned out) away from being the starter. They needed him to be prepared. He had also watched the starter throw for 500+ yards the week before against the #9 team in the country...gotta believe his thinking was he might not get too many chances. As it turned out Kenny Trill fell off his rocker and that true freshman ended up becoming the starter later in the year.

They also gave a walk-on RB 11 carries in that game as he led them in carries and yards. Any 1 RB getting 11 carries in Sumlin's offense is kinda rare.

Back to Baylor, 80+ seriously won't surprise me. They love the vertical passing game and have a lot of speed at the WR position. Our secondary is going to be worse flat ass out by the end of it. SMU was actually able to move the ball decently in the 1st half against them but Baylor locked them down in the 2nd half. Baylor gets a couple of defensive starters back this week to to add to the uphill battle.

how how many passes did we throw in the 4th quarter vs Bacone?